Cardiff City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McClren's interview spoke volumes to me. He sounded like a man who has the situation under his control. He knows that we are going to finish in the top two. There may be strong evidence of a relentless march to the title now. He has players for every eventuality. The players have got the message. CLEAN SHEETS is the platform to win games and we can always score at some point. Shotton at fullback for me. Ibe was a big loss but we will get round it. Seven clean sheets in eight games gives us the equal second best defence in the league. .It is time to dismiss Bolton and to show Bournemouth that we can go there and do the double over them. If Steve wants a winger he will get one. The best draw to a potential loan player is look at the table, son. McClaren said more by not bringing Bent on than by bringing him on. The final insult to Cardiff was that we didn't need Bent today, We bring our best cards only when needed. When asked about signings, Steve was extremely casual. We will get what we want when we want it was the message that I got from it. I had become nervous about the way that we are playing but that has passed. Albentosa, Warnock and Bent did not get a kick today. it is a difficult job getting into the side and you had better perform when you do get in it. We are going up for sure.

McClaren stated he wanted to bring 1 or 2 in because of Ibe going back and losing Russell to injury.

I got the impression sooner rather than later.

In his interview he did not seem to be bothered about Monday's deadline, seeming to suggest that he could even get them after that. if I know this set up, they will have potential contracts already settled, should players become available at the last minute because the other team has bought someone late on. I would not be surprised if the very first that we heard was that we had signed someone. If Ince is looking at the table standings then Derby looks a good Club to jump ship to if he wants Premiership football next season.

We must try to sign Mascarell on a permanent basis now. He loves it here, has got Spanish friends and he  will only get better. I would pay

I really suspect that the Albentosa signing has ignited Mascarell even more. He did hoof away quite a bit today, but i think that is part of him not wanting to make defensive errors and let them steal it from him. He's really focusing on his defensive game because he already knows he can thread passes and attack. Again no silly fouls for him and no one really got by him too easily. Solid. Still think he was far better versus Blackburn. I agree to get him, but we prob don't have to come up with 4m. He won't ever make the Madrid team.

100% agree with this. He's fousing on the physicality and defensive side of his game, as that is what is most important with that role in our team!

I suspect a few million would get him, and I'm sure he'd come if we went up!

I wouldn't call it slicky interplay. Hughes made the goal.

Ward was direct, worked his ******** off and caused them problems. Main thing for me was he tracked back excellently. I felt Dawkins left Forsyth exposed in the first half.

I'd 100% say he was better, but that's my opinion

This is what so many people seem to ignore about Wardy. You watch the videos, he really does track back and cover very well.

We got a clean sheet and won away in a Championship league game

Darren Bent didn't even play

Hughes is outstanding

We have injuries to key players

Thorne's coming back

Got to be a/two quality winger(s) coming in.

We will win this league 100%, Millwall away is going to be so so good.

Re - I really suspect that the Albentosa signing has ignited Mascarell even more. He did hoof away quite a bit today, but i think that is part of him not wanting to make defensive errors and let them steal it from him. He's really focusing on his defensive game because he already knows he can thread passes and attack. Again no silly fouls for him and no one really got by him too easily. Solid. Still think he was far better versus Blackburn. I agree to get him, but we prob don't have to come up with 4m. He won't ever make the Madrid team. 

Excellent post Ninos. This post really sums up what it means to be coached by Steve McClaren. He improves players by spotting their weaknesses and fixing them. Two more years with McClaren and Mascarell could be worth a serious amount of cash. He has tremendous passing ability but he is now developing into  the player that probably only McClaren could turn him into.. If he is in the team with Thorne then we will be in for one big treat.

Archived