Cardiff City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally back home from the game, fair walk from station to mine.

Was a good day, ran into some Derby fans on the train and enjoyed the singing of four derby fans absolutely pissed out of there on the way to the game, be surprised if they got let in!

Despite scoring two, the first half seemed uneventful. Could have scored a few if the second half if Martins final ball had been better or the ref hadnt pulled the play back with Mason through on goal. 

Grant - 9 - Caught everything, commanded his area and a world class save to deny Jones

Shotton - 8 - Had a great game at RB and CB

Keogh - 8 - Solid, saw his traditional fatal error as he sent Jones through on goal but Grant was there to mop up

Bucko - 7 - Solid whilst he was on, bit worried about his injury. Got up and played on for a bit, but he'd do that with a broken leg!

Forsyth - 7 - Pretty standard performance from him, never looked bad but didnt have a brilliant game

Mascarell - 9 - Fantastic today, MOTM. Did everything a good CDM should do and more.

Hendrick - 6 - Alright, better than some of his recent performances but still seems lacking

Hughes - 8 - Pulling the strings once again, couple of great through balls for Bennet in the second half

Ward - 7 - Put himself about and worked hard, did well to set up the OG, but generally seems a one trick pony

Dawkins - 6 - Harsh to rate him lower than Ward, but not quite good enough for a 7. Needs to work harder off the ball and create more chances

Martin - 7- Poor penalty, great header, good all round play, terrible final ball. Had about three chances to shoot or play the ball, failed all three

Christie - 7 - Good when he came on, great cross for the goal

Bennett - 6 - I was impressed with him, quick and strong and good on the ball. Possibly should have scored, no way deserved a yellow

Bryson - 5 - Did nothing for the short time he was on except for blasting a cross straight out for a goal kick

The ref was pretty woeful, looked a soft penalty in the first place then lacked consistency with his yellow cards. Pulling play back when Mason was through on goal didnt make him look any better.

The stadium really is soulless, fans barely made any noise. Our fans were decent, God save the queen and "Engerland", really? Think about who is playing for  a minute and sing something else. And we cant be singing about bouncing for a minute, then bounce for a minute, and then go back to singing about bouncing. After the 10th rendition it got very dull.

Good day out though, and good three points. Was colder than I thought it would be!

Agree with pretty much everythin thats been said.

I don't think Hughes was as good as he has been lately but still a solid 7/10, and Hendrick is starting to become a big disappointment, Bryso in for Bolton i fancy.

Also a chance for Albentosa to come in if Bucko is ruled out for a few weeks.

Agree with pretty much everythin thats been said.

I don't think Hughes was as good as he has been lately but still a solid 7/10, and Hendrick is starting to become a big disappointment, Bryso in for Bolton i fancy.

Also a chance for Albentosa to come in if Bucko is ruled out for a few weeks.

Done his hamstring aint he? Depends how long he will be out for

The LTLF matchday forum is absolute gold at the moment.

It must be horrible though, it would be like us having to destroy the legend of Igor (or Kev Hector for the older generation)????

This win shows that the steamroller is starting to gather some serious momentum COYR

Very solid performance today happy to see us win yay. Omar MOTM for me again, that lad is getting better and better each game and proving the haters wrong once again. :)

Omar, Hughes, Ward and Keogh were good today. I can't help coming away from these games feeling a bit disappointed knowing that we can play far better. I suppose we've got plenty in reserve. Good win.

May I also say how friendly the natives were in The Lansdown Hotel. A lot of people taking time to speak to me. I take it all back what I've said about the Welsh.

It looks cheap and nasty. And empty

It's an absolute armpit of a place to get away from after the game. We left the visitors car park at 5:15 and didn't even get back to the motorway before 6:15. Routed through a bloody industrial estate - and at the end of it you have to turn right onto a main road (no traffic lights) and constant streams of traffic both ways.

Still, 3 points is all that matters.

Can't quite understand the Dawkins hate. While he was on we had total control in midfield because he just never loses the ball. 

Archived