Cardiff City v Derby County

Mafiabob

Just seen the match - a number of points, really. 

I thought the referee gave Peltier a lot of leniency - at one point he was bear hugging Dawkins' arm right in front of him and didn't give anything. My only guess was that the ref switched off for a minute, it was bizarre. 

Lee Grant played well. He had one proper save to make and made it. Caught everything and generally looked sharp.

Defence was solid. I think they all made mistakes, bar Christie, but did enough for the clean sheet. 

Hughes and Mascarell were our best two players, in my opinion. Hendrick had a bad game, though. He always seemed to be chasing shadows. Bryson came on and was as equally as poor, though. 

Dawkins had a tough time but kept the ball well. Ward was very wasteful, he did his job and forced a goal but he lost the ball a lot. 

Martin was very good. He was able to get the ball down on a number of occasions and put us on the front foot in the final third. 

Bennett was erratic - incredibly erratic - but nearly came away with a goal. 

Overall: I don't think it was as comfortable as most made out on here and I don't think Cardiff were as bad as made out on here. It was a deserved win but we didn't hit third gear. I can understand why McClaren wasn't too happy. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the match - a number of points, really. 

I thought the referee gave Peltier a lot of leniency - at one point he was bear hugging Dawkins' arm right in front of him and didn't give anything. My only guess was that the ref switched off for a minute, it was bizarre. 

Lee Grant played well. He had one proper save to make and made it. Caught everything and generally looked sharp.

Defence was solid. I think they all made mistakes, bar Christie, but did enough for the clean sheet. 

Hughes and Mascarell were our best two players, in my opinion. Hendrick had a bad game, though. He always seemed to be chasing shadows. Bryson came on and was as equally as poor, though. 

Dawkins had a tough time but kept the ball well. Ward was very wasteful, he did his job and forced a goal but he lost the ball a lot. 

Martin was very good. He was able to get the ball down on a number of occasions and put us on the front foot in the final third. 

Bennett was erratic - incredibly erratic - but nearly came away with a goal. 

Overall: I don't think it was as comfortable as most made out on here and I don't think Cardiff were as bad as made out on here. It was a deserved win but we didn't hit third gear. I can understand why McClaren wasn't too happy. 

I really think that Omar and Hughes have there best games when playing together, I would wager Omar's worst games came in a midfield three behind Hendrick and Bryson.

I really think that Omar and Hughes have there best games when playing together, I would wager Omar's worst games came in a midfield three behind Hendrick and Bryson.

Based on my player ratings throughout the season - you're absolutely spot on! 

Well! That backs up my thoughts!

You've gotta prove that it's an upgrade though. How do you know it's not a downgrade?

Well, I don't 'cause I ain't training them.

But as a fan, I'm just curious to see our new players. And it wouldn't ask too much to be better than Henrick at the moment to be fair.

Well, I don't 'cause I ain't training them.

But as a fan, I'm just curious to see our new players. And it wouldn't ask too much to be better than Henrick at the moment to be fair.

But why throw the new lads in immediately? A handful of training sessions to learn our game and get over their fitness issues having not played in ages... Not enough. Both Ince and Lingard to come on as subs for me.

But why throw the new lads in immediately? A handful of training sessions to learn our game and get over their fitness issues having not played in ages... Not enough. Both Ince and Lingard to come on as subs for me.

It's not like our current tactic is some kind of mystery formula. Pretty basic 4-3-3 which changes to 4-5-1 when defending. Just a few twists which can be learned through videos.

Fitness issues is the reason I'd put them in. We have Bournemouth coming quickly after this so time mix some fresh blood as we now have it! Otherwise I'd agree with you, but Tuesday's game changes the situation little bit.

Archived