Fawaz's van

HeyHudson

This is what I mean Srg. Why make himself a target?

Question. Honest answers only please.

Who here would want to stand in the middle of forest fans at their place. And if you do, would you consider it a risk worth taking?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is Fawaz, a presumed multi-millionaire, driving around in a clapped out minivan with the number plate 'Forest' 

Something doesn't add up. 

I know I certainly wouldn't park a car with the number plate 'Derby' right next to where the home fans were going to go. It's borderline moronic. It was obvious what was going to happen if, as it did, the result was bad for Derby fans.

It's ridiculous from our fans, incredibly ridiculous, but that's what Football fans are. Like the Forest players, if you goad pissed off football fans then you're making a rod for your own back - it only takes one of these 'ridiculous' fans to lose their temper and see red mist. 

I don't know why you would put yourself in that position. 

A gump at work told me he saw a golf ball chucked at Grant, only just missed him, anyone else see this?

Yeah, but it didn't 'only just miss him'

The culprit threw like a little bitch and it landed at his feet, he picked it up and pretended he was going to throw it back but just threw it to the ball boy..

Why is Fawaz, a presumed multi-millionaire, driving around in a clapped out minivan with the number plate 'Forest' 

Something doesn't add up. 

I know I certainly wouldn't park a car with the number plate 'Derby' right next to where the home fans were going to go. It's borderline moronic. It was obvious what was going to happen if, as it did, the result was bad for Derby fans.

It's ridiculous from our fans, incredibly ridiculous, but that's what Football fans are. Like the Forest players, if you goad pissed off football fans then you're making a rod for your own back - it only takes one of these 'ridiculous' fans to lose their temper and see red mist. 

I don't know why you would put yourself in that position. 

Anyone who cannot conduct themselves in a correct fashion at all times, even following a disappointment such as Saturday, is a pathetic low-life. It is ridiculous to say "That is what football fans are" as a sweeping generalisation and as a means of deflecting the guilt onto a third party.

You don't nod knowingly and say "That is what football fans are" - you treat them with the utter contempt that they deserve, and if you know who did it, you shop the buggers.

These idiots have dragged the name of this club down into the gutter. I presume that's ok with you, because "That's what football fans are".

No red mist here, but I'm angry.

This is what I mean Srg. Why make himself a target?

Question. Honest answers only please.

Who here would want to stand in the middle of forest fans at their place. And if you do, would you consider it a risk worth taking?

Did it in 1988.....not to be repeated...we lost...fans swapped seats to sit nearer us.....sure if we had equalised they would have said hello tonme and my mate. I witnessed fights all way to ground. Worst at train station where derby fans were being sought out...fighting is fine, but only when organised and those wishing to partake do so only with themselves

Years ago was only way to watch derby play at Luton ....on their home terrace..again we always lost and never scored ...so no trouble

Anyone who cannot conduct themselves in a correct fashion at all times, even following a disappointment such as Saturday, is a pathetic low-life. It is ridiculous to say "That is what football fans are" as a sweeping generalisation and as a means of deflecting the guilt onto a third party.

You don't nod knowingly and say "That is what football fans are" - you treat them with the utter contempt that they deserve, and if you know who did it, you shop the buggers.

These idiots have dragged the name of this club down into the gutter. I presume that's ok with you, because "That's what football fans are".

Obviously I meant pissed off football fans, not every football fan. When we lose do I want to go out and start punching people? No, because it's just not my character but there are certainly football fans out there that will. No one is naive enough to think otherwise. I just feel had Fawaz not parked in the car park with a 'forest' number plate and had Wilson not goaded Derby fans then it would have been different.

I'm obviously not condoning it, but it's not hard to see why it happened.

If I goaded Forest fans after, before or whenever - I would expect a reaction. If I parked a car with a Derby number plate at the City Ground where 60% of home crowd was going to walk by it, I would expect it to be damaged in some way. 

How do I get around these situations? I just don't give the idiots any reason. 

Yes.

The club will examine CCTV footage. I was hit in the eye by a coin at Blackburn - it was reported (one of their stewards saw me holding my eye/checking for blood) and they examined their recordings. As it was there was no footage showing the incident but I was told that they would have banned/prosecuted the person concerned if they had been able to obtain evidence.

Probably looking at the wrong end, it was one of our own :)

This van thing sounds all a bit smelly to me. It all sounds a bit "Shawshank Redemption" to me.

Has anyone been caught, been seen on CCTV, finger prints taken etc? If not, why does it mean that a Derby fan automatically did it? Are we ruling out an inside job and all the other possibilities, instantly and just presuming a Derby fan(s) did it or is that how the modern world thinks and automaitally jumps to the obvious conclusion.

The obvious conclusion with the media, the bookies and a lot of Derby and Forest fans before a ball was kicked on Saturday, was that Derby would win the game on current form etc. The obvious conclusion after the game was Forest won it.

It is just over two years since I joined Derby County and I am proud of the progress that we have made during this time.

We have been recognised both locally and nationally for the achievements of the club both on and off the pitch. It is truly an exciting time to be associated with the Rams as we continue to build a unique club based on strong principles. We are aiming to be successful but we will do it the right way and act with class at all times. 

At the heart of the success of the Club is our connection with supporters. ?We have just registered the highest Football League attendance of the year and our average attendance at nearly 29,000 is some way above our nearest competitor.  We are rightly proud of the scale, loyalty and the passion of our fans.

Our success is very much influenced by our style. Creating an environment which attracts good players, staff and fans is critical. How we conduct ourselves, both on and off the pitch, has a direct bearing on this. The events which unfolded, following our disappointing result against our local rivals on Saturday, have brought shame on our club. Even the Derby Telegraph, carried on Monday morning the title

Good point, because I'm a football fan and I don't associate myself with these ****** at all. Luckily, now we have played the only game of the year they come to, we can get back to normal this Saturday.

No different to what happened to the Radio Derby van at Milwall that time

Apart from we had a fan got shot that day :-)  Came home a few days later ...shot in leg during a fans "get together" at lunchtime !!

It is just over two years since I joined Derby County and I am proud of the progress that we have made during this time.

We have been recognised both locally and nationally for the achievements of the club both on and off the pitch. It is truly an exciting time to be associated with the Rams as we continue to build a unique club based on strong principles. We are aiming to be successful but we will do it the right way and act with class at all times. 

At the heart of the success of the Club is our connection with supporters. ?We have just registered the highest Football League attendance of the year and our average attendance at nearly 29,000 is some way above our nearest competitor.  We are rightly proud of the scale, loyalty and the passion of our fans.

Our success is very much influenced by our style. Creating an environment which attracts good players, staff and fans is critical. How we conduct ourselves, both on and off the pitch, has a direct bearing on this. The events which unfolded, following our disappointing result against our local rivals on Saturday, have brought shame on our club. Even the Derby Telegraph, carried on Monday morning the title

I think Fawaz got exactly what he hoped for when he parked his van in the directors car park; I'm guessing he did it to provoke a reaction.

The idiots that vandalised it gave him the perfect opportunity to go straight on twitter and and have a go at our club and deflect attention from the manner in which he conducts his affairs and runs his tin-pot club.

It really pees me off that we now (as a club) have to apologise to that odious man who now tries to claim the moral high ground.

Archived