How important that win was today

Derbados

For me the biggest of the season so far by a country mile! If we had last today, Ipswich pull 5 points away from us and gain even more confidence. Whilst ours gets shot to pieces. We've now laid down a huge marker IMO , the confidence the lads will gain from this result will be huge.!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me the biggest of the season so far by a country mile! If we had last today, Ipswich pull 5 points away from us and gain even more confidence. Whilst ours gets shot to pieces. We've now laid down a huge marker IMO , the confidence the lads will gain from this result will be huge.!

This and Watford were biggest 2.

Ipswich narrows it for me currently due to the fact it was 2nd vs 3rd and we could overtake them with a win.

Bournemouth away could well prove to be a huge game and they will provide a tough test. Come away with 3 points from that and I will be pretty confident for the rest of the season.

Huge result. The job is far from done but we took a large step towards it today. It's nice that we have a full week to reflect on today and prepare for next week. Another huge game and a great chance to win four league games in a row for the first time this season. COYR

The most important of the season so far for me. Much more important than next weeks game as well although that's still incredibly important and not just because it's Forest.

I felt the game today was a bit like the Boro game in the sense we took a little while to settle down. Misplaced passes, the ball going straight out of play when it's easy to pass to feet and ball watching and allowing their players in behind like Chrisite did in the first four minutes.

What happened v Boro is they scored within 4 minutes and were always in control. Had Ipswich scored that chance in the 4th minute when Christie was sleeping, then I feel it may have gone the same sort of way. We'd have been chasing the game very early on against a side very well organised and hard to break down at the best of times.

The longer it stayed 0-0 the more it favoured us and we grew in to the game. They were still resolute and hard to break down, but so were we. Both sides got behind the opposition's defence a couple times, but no real clear cut chances. Even our goal was due to a defence mix-up and I wouldn't say was 'clear-cut'.

After going 1-0 up we were very well organised, gave very little away and although we dropped deeper, we did everything that was required. Players like Ibe did fantastically in contributing to the cause, tracking back and digging in to get the win.

Although we were far from our best, I'd rate that as a fantastic away performance. To go to second place in the league, a place where we never do well, they were unbeaten at home and were unbeaten since mid-October. We did everything we needed to do and offered them very little.

Well done to each and every Derby player and well done to Mac & co.

After going 1-0 up we were very well organised, gave very little away and although we dropped deeper, we did everything that was required.

Yep - before we dropped deeper I remarked that we were giving them too much space, dropping deeper and restricting that space was our tactic and they struggled to break it down in the same way we've struggled when teams sit back against us.

Yep - before we dropped deeper I remarked that we were giving them too much space, dropping deeper and restricting that space was our tactic and they struggled to break it down in the same way we've struggled when teams sit back against us.

We restricted them to long shots only, they were meat and drink for Lee Grant.

After that lacklustre display at Boro where our confidence took a beating today was the exact response we needed away at a fellow promotion rival. Not only to cut the gap but to prove to ourselves that we can dig in and grind out a result when it's needed.

Mentally this win is humongous.

Archived