The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you we are all getting a bit carried away here.

A lot are expecting a big win but after reading the wisdom of Kenny Burns this morning, I'm now getting a bit worried:-

'Forest's leading scorer Britt Assombalonga is just as good as the Rams' top marksman Chris Martin, Michail Antonio is just as big a threat as Johnny Russell. I could go on. All over the pitch the Reds are as good as Derby'

I really wish he had carried on, I was just getting close to wetting my pants.

I think you we are all getting a bit carried away here.

A lot are expecting a big win but after reading the wisdom of Kenny Burns this morning, I'm now getting a bit worried:-

'Forest's leading scorer Britt Assombalonga is just as good as the Rams' top marksman Chris Martin, Michail Antonio is just as big a threat as Johnny Russell. I could go on. All over the pitch the Reds are as good as Derby'

I really wish he had carried on, I was just getting close to wetting my pants.

He cannot go on. He's picked two of their best players and scraped 'as good as them' with his red goggles on. 

Assombalonga is a great impact sub, he doesn't miss many chances. It's just a shame Forest have a midfield so devoid of any creativity he's not had much on. Without Reid, they're absolutely dross in the middle of the park.

Forest believe they have a top 6 side without any evidence. It's classic gump.

He cannot go on. He's picked two of their best players and scraped 'as good as them' with his red goggles on. 

Assombalonga is a great impact sub, he doesn't miss many chances. It's just a shame Forest have a midfield so devoid of any creativity he's not had much on. Without Reid, they're absolutely dross in the middle of the park.

Forest believe they have a top 6 side without any evidence. It's classic gump.

:o are you disagreeing with the fountain of football knowledge that is Sir Kenneth Burns?!

Maybe we should provide him with the evidence that they are not a top 6 team...the thing called a league table?

I have no issue with Forest bigging up their players, how many times did we see on here that we had a squad capable of top 6 but not a manager? turns out they were right. Who knows what the Forest squad could do with a decent manager, Pearce is a clown and well suited with Fawaz.

Let's also be fair they watch Forest week in week out, we get to see what's on Sky and the FLS cherry pick.

Same goes for Forest fans on us tho, how on earth they become so judgemental on us I'll never know....well I guess we've been on TV quite a bit recently but still.

Also no credits were given by us when Forest were right up there under Davies remember, I don't expect them to grab the tissues at our current situation. We know deep down under the internet usernames they would all love a few of our players even Martin, no embargo and sat 2nd.

Burns is probably bricking Saturday, trying to raise the morale amongst fans, he's clearly biased as are the DET and RD guys. Last thing Forest need is to go into Saturday feeling beaten already, they need to believe they can match as and raise the atmosphere.

I have no issue with Forest bigging up their players, how many times did we see on here that we had a squad capable of top 6 but not a manager? turns out they were right. Who knows what the Forest squad could do with a decent manager, Pearce is a clown and well suited with Fawaz.

Let's also be fair they watch Forest week in week out, we get to see what's on Sky and the FLS cherry pick.

Same goes for Forest fans on us tho, how on earth they become so judgemental on us I'll never know....well I guess we've been on TV quite a bit recently but still.

Also no credits were given by us when Forest were right up there under Davies remember, I don't expect them to grab the tissues at our current situation. We know deep down under the internet usernames they would all love a few of our players even Martin, no embargo and sat 2nd.

Burns is probably bricking Saturday, trying to raise the morale amongst fans, he's clearly biased as are the DET and RD guys. Last thing Forest need is to go into Saturday feeling beaten already, they need to believe they can match as and raise the atmosphere.

I don't have a problem with him bigging up their team either but for him to say Assombalonga is better than Martin?

What is he using as his yardstick there? All Assombalonga has to his game is scoring goals and he has less than Martin. I would not even dream of trying to compare any other elements of their game because there is clearly only one winner.

Burns is Forest's answer to b4, the only difference being that he gets to air his ridiculous views in a newspaper that people have to pay for.

Burns has always been a well know bar room bore, back when he used to live in Derby he was a regular in Sobers (was the Clovelly Hotel on Kedleston Road - opposite the Jonty Farmer, now an old folks home) and he liked the sound of his own voice.

When I read his opinion pieces in the NEP I cringe with embarassment - not (just) because it's Forest but because he just comes across as a pub philosopher

I don't have a problem with him bigging up their team either but for him to say Assombalonga is better than Martin?

What is he using as his yardstick there? All Assombalonga has to his game is scoring goals and he has less than Martin. I would not even dream of trying to compare any other elements of their game because there is clearly only one winner.

Burns is Forest's answer to b4, the only difference being that he gets to air his ridiculous views in a newspaper that people have to pay for.

What's happened to B4???  has he had a new PC and can't get it to boot up because the On button now says Power???

Forest fans watching them week in week out? At home?

20k last game if you take away the wed fans.

Home attendances don't count - away attendances count double.

I don't care who is manager, if the team have a rate of 2 wins in 21 games then it's clearly not a good team. 

As far as I can tell, Pearce is playing them in the correct position. He hasn't resulted to Darlow upfront, yet. So, for me, it seems like the players are getting a free ride by the fans because 'they are top 6 quality' so it must be Pearce's fault. 

They have a mid-table set of players, with a Champ standard manager. If you put them together, you get mid-table football. The weight of expectation is enormous. How they can claim there is no pressure on them for Saturday is laughable - there is an extremely good chance Pearce will sacked if we beat them, like Billy was.

Pearce to be sacked because of the Derby result would be such a hard thing to take. It's stuff like that which is imprinted in history books - regardless of whether it's second division stuff.  

"Victory over arch-rivals Derby County could spark the Reds' season back into life in the Championship"

or... it could be like taking a sick animal to the vets, and them telling you he/she only has a month or so left, but they can provide you with some medicine / a course of injections to ease the pain for a few weeks, maybe even given him/her 3 months instead of one. Ultimately you know it would be kinder to let the vet put them down.

Archived