The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What surprises me is how lots of forest fans seem to think that the squad is good.  I just don't see it.

They do have some good players, but their squad is horribly horribly unbalanced. I posted something similar months ago and was shot down, but I still stand by it. They have decent wingers to cross the ball, but none of their forwards are good in the air They have pacy strikers, but no one to play through balls to them. They have a physical presence up front, but they don't get midfield runners up to feed off it. Their centre halves are all 'drop off and sweep up' types, there's no one to step out and win the ball (bar maybe Hobbs who's always injured). And so on and so on.

With us, we know how we are going to play, and the squad and signings reflects that. You can pick pretty much any player from our squad and easily see what his job is and how he fits in the system. With forest I honestly have no idea what the plan is. It just looks like someone has picked names out of a hat.

Forest's problem was they bought a load of player then tried to think about a system afterwards.

Whereas what the best teams do is create a system first and then buy players which fit in each specific role.

But I do disagree about them having a top six squad. Don't know where they got that idea from. Their fullbacks, midfield and wingers in particular are bang average. A solid CB pairing and a goalscorer doesn't = top six.

But then again, they aren't the brightest bunch are they?

Forest's problem was they bought a load of player then tried to think about a system afterwards.

Whereas what the best teams do is create a system first and then buy players which fit in each specific role.

But I do disagree about them having a top six squad. Don't know where they got that idea from. Their fullbacks, midfield and wingers in particular are World Class. A solid CB pairing and a goalscorer doesn't = top six.

But then again, they aren't the brightest bunch are they?

Bris

I think you've given them too much credit. Which of their players do you really rate?

And.  Which would make it into our match day squad?

Bris

I think you've given them too much credit. Which of their players do you really rate?

And.  Which would make it into our match day squad?

I'd take Hobbs, Reid and Cohen, if they could stay fit. Antonio and assombalonga are good players at this level, but they don't really fit the way we play. And I wouldn't want to have paid what they paid for them. Maybe Lansbury, if he gets back to the form he was showing a year or two ago. Beyond that, mancienne, Paterson and Vaughan would maybe make useful squad players. And then I'm struggling.

I'd take Hobbs, Reid and Cohen, if they could stay fit. Antonio and assombalonga are good players at this level, but they don't really fit the way we play. And I wouldn't want to have paid what they paid for them. Maybe Lansbury, if he gets back to the form he was showing a year or two ago. Beyond that, mancienne, Paterson and Vaughan would maybe make useful squad players. And then I'm struggling.

reid and cohen are probably broken. hobbs was someone i was hoping we would go for.  Lansbury is not as good as forest fans would have us believe - ok. but that's it.

asombalonga would be ok but like you say, not to our tastes. (better than bent?)

antonio - hard to say...

the rest..... no.

to be fair they've ripped off newcastle  for darlow and lascelles.

I'm sure our 60(?) odd game lucky run will end soon.

At the start of the season I predicted midtable for you under SP

In September or whenever the height of your good run was I still predicted midtable for you under SP.

I think I may be wrong. You're looking at the bottom 6.

reid and cohen are probably broken. hobbs was someone i was hoping we would go for.  Lansbury is not as good as forest fans would have us believe - ok. but that's it.

asombalonga would be ok but like you say, not to our tastes. (better than bent?)

antonio - hard to say...

the rest..... no.

to be fair they've ripped off newcastle  for darlow and lascelles.

Paterson at his best last season was fantastic and we have missed him big time.

I wanted to give Pearce two seasons but he is not up to the job. Even the games we won at the start of the season, many of them we did not play well in.

I just hope he is replaced before the game next week to give us a chance. With him in charge I think it could be a repeat of last season. I would even rather have a caretaker like Gary Brazil in charge.

I am struggling a bit here, but do you think Simon Holbrook above might be one of those hipster types, or is he just a bit of a ****. One things for sure, he certainly has a different understanding of the English language than me. Magic and fight? I think The Gumps need Penn and Teller rather than Al-Hasawi and Pearce to put their promotion surge back on track.

Archived