Derby County v Millwall

PrivateDerby

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that the booing was for the ref. I'd be amazed if anyone booed or players. OK, we weren't brilliant, but we've been so much worse in the recent past, and at no stage could you have accussed the team of a lack of effort.

Yeah it was frustration aimed at the time wasting and the referee. Tbf I didn't think either was too bad. Not really bad.

We used to do it under Nigel where Fielding would take forever to take a gk. Was glad he got booked sometimes because I don't really want to see that stuff. I came for the football, not to see Fielding comb through the turf and pick imaginary bits out

Crosses to what though? Can't remember the last headed goal we scored.

Well yeah. I just keep hearing shouts for crosses etc instead of trying to play through them. Heard lots of shouts for more crossing today. I don't see how long balls have any more chance of beating 10 men than playing through them.

We got the width to stretch them and wasted it by being sloppy.

Like you say, we can cross but we only have two aerial threats in Best and Martin and both would rather have the ball to feet

One defeat all season, nicely nestled in the pack. Nobody in the top six won today ... proving the idea that no-one, not even Derby County, has a divine right. 

As I say, the honours aren't handed out in October. I don't give a toss if we aren't top until the last day of the season, because that is the day that matters.

Do you honestly think, for example, that Southampton will be real Premier League title contenders?

Fact is, overall, we have seen an improvement in our displays and have registered some excellent results. Millwall are not a joke, let's remember that ... they will go and dig out more points in this fashion...they are historically a tough proposition, and it seems nothing has changed. Holloway fits into their mould perfectly.

At the end of the day - we are up there, and we are to be shot at.

We've just got to stick to the job, and not start crying because we don't slaughter every team in our wake. That is football. We will go up ... absolutely no question about it.

Stay consistent throughout, and the business end of the season will always sort the wheat from the chaff.

True - we didn't play well and that's bound to be the case over a 46 game season. We gained another point towards promotion and we now have a rest to think about how we improve.

Another positive is 6 and a half hours since conceding a goal

The positive will see it as us remaining unbeaten at home for however long it is and in a good position to continue our challenge.

The negative will see that we've failed to score against an average side at home and have failed to work out a "plan b" (whatever the f*ck that means).

I saw this coming - our games against Millwall in recent years are regularly boring as f*ck low scoring affairs (5-1 away win aside).

Results went our way today which is a bit dissappointing to not capitalise on, but oh well. Can't win them all.

I thought that the booing was for the ref. I'd be amazed if anyone booed or players. OK, we weren't brilliant, but we've been so much worse in the recent past, and at no stage could you have accussed the team of a lack of effort.

Yeah the boos were for the ref. A very strange performance from him today. its almost becoming the norm now for refs to make outrageously wrong decisions, not so much game changers but things like throw ins being given blatantly the wrong way, when there was no other player near, fouls given when there was a yard between the two players, no foul given for obvious late challenges.

Does it make them feel important to be so wrong yet act like they're right?

Sorry mafiabob, but the standard of refereeing is rock bottom at the moment. Its time to recruit ex-players, they'd at least recognise a foul when they saw one.

We got what we deserved today, no more, no less.

Easily our worst home performance under Mac this season, but still worth more than last seasons effort!

Couldn't understand taking off ward before ibe tho, definitely dived for the penalty, Best sh1te too.

A bit of an 'After the Lord Mayor's Show' against Millwall but you can still grow beautiful roses that smell nice at the end of it. If you play not too well, try not to lose it. McClaren is right; tot up the clean sheets at the end of the season and you have a bed of roses. He may have missed a trick today by not bringing on players that Millwall had not studied. Would like to have seen Calero come on for Ibe. Best needs games, so put him in the U21s if possible until he finds the net a few times. Calero would probably have scored today as he does not seem to need many chances. I saw him at Mansfield this week.

Anyone else see Eustace hiding all game?

Whitbread and Keogh split out wide to receive the ball from Grant. They pressed this high and forced us into places we didn't want to be.

Eustace either fooked off and stood next to one of their players or came short and Grant didn't give him it, despite having the majority of the half to turn into forward. Simply doesn't trust him on the ball.

That's the difference between your Thorne or Hughes and him.

It's Mascarell time at home. Players are surely going to trust him far more in possession.

Archived