Derby County v Millwall

PrivateDerby

Yes that is correct. Because his lack of positional sense cost us a shed load of goals today...as it has done in the last four games, and an unbeaten run since he was reintroduced to the side.

What the f*ck are you talking about? If you can't see Eutace's value to this team you are blind to the game of football. Ask any of his team mates if they think he should be dropped...the answer will be a resounding no from every man-jack of them.

Oh ... but Mascarell probably has better stats on Champ Manager or something ... ?

Behave.

Finally someone speaking sense!

Eustace performs his role perfectly and he's essential to the team and the way we play at the minute. The only player who plays better in that position is Thorne and he will hopefully be back soon.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SRG where was Dawks today. Is he injured? I thought Ibe was absolute dogsh1te today would rather have Dawks TBH.

Ibe had a mare again. 

I thought Ibe played excellently again today. His pieces of skill and trickery proved to be very effective and I thought he offered more today than Ward did and more than Dawkins has ever offered...

And what do you mean 'had a mare again', thought he's looked quality every time he's played.

Finally someone speaking sense!

Eustace performs his role perfectly and he's essential to the team and the way we play at the minute. The only player who plays better in that position is Thorne and he will hopefully be back soon.

Yorkshire ... the fickle nature of some of these guys tires me out. It really does.It seems some are totally incapable of seeing the broader picture of the game of football.

You are absolutely correct ... Thorne is miles and away the first choice in that position, that is why we paid all the money ... he is a class act ... I also agree, and advocate, that Eustace has done absolutely nothing wrong. Does a fantastic, and unsung job for the team, week in, week out.

Unfortunately for him, his style of play doesn't have all the bells and whistles and fancy flicks and tricks that they like to watch on Sky Sports coverage of La Liga.

Eustace ... good honest pro, playing well. That is all.

I thought Ibe played excellently again today. His pieces of skill and trickery proved to be very effective and I thought he offered more today than Ward did and more than Dawkins has ever offered...

And what do you mean 'had a mare again', thought he's looked quality every time he's played.

Again Yorkshire ... because the guy hasn't scored a corker in ever match, or hammered a team off the pitch on his own ... he will be deemed to have had 'a mare' by certain quarters.

There are not, after all, defenders in front of him making it very difficult for him, sent out there instructed to break up the play, frustrate, and kick lumps out of him.

No ... Ibe was out there all on his own with the ball and some traffic cones.

Yorkshire ... the fickle nature of some of these guys tires me out. It really does.It seems some are totally incapable of seeing the broader picture of the game of football.

You are absolutely correct ... Thorne is miles and away the first choice in that position, that is why we paid all the money ... he is a class act ... I also agree, and advocate, that Eustace has done absolutely nothing wrong. Does a fantastic, and unsung job for the team, week in, week out.

Unfortunately for him, his style of play doesn't have all the bells and whistles and fancy flicks and tricks that they like to watch on Sky Sports coverage of La Liga.

Eustace ... good honest pro, playing well. That is all.

Spot on. 

People complaining about his age also, get a grip! Frank Lampard is still showing his class despite his age.

The fact is: Eustace can still perform week in week out in a tough role and he plays well in the holding midfield role. He protects the back 4, not necessarily by winning every ball in the whole but just by being there and putting pressure on the opposition players.

It's the stuff that often goes unnoticed that Eustace does really well; hence why he's one of our most important players yet one of the ones that receives the least praise.

Again Yorkshire ... because the guy hasn't scored a corker in ever match, or hammered a team off the pitch on his own ... he will be deemed to have had 'a mare' by certain quarters.

There are not, after all, defenders in front of him making it very difficult for him, sent out there instructed to break up the play, frustrate, and kick lumps out of him.

No ... Ibe was out there all on his own with the ball and some traffic cones.

The Ibe criticism is the one I actually don't understand. He's the most skillful player on the pitch and what he offers to the team is on display every time he touches the ball. I honestly think he is a class act and a real asset to the squad because he offers something different to the other wingers. 

Similarly with Thorne, he performs in his role so well that his quality is on display every time he receives the ball. Eustace however, doesn't do the fancy stuff as well as Thorne and, as such, gets slated.

The Ibe criticism is the one I actually don't understand. He's the most skillful player on the pitch and what he offers to the team is on display every time he touches the ball. I honestly think he is a class act and a real asset to the squad because he offers something different to the other wingers. 

Similarly with Thorne, he performs in his role so well that his quality is on display every time he receives the ball. Eustace however, doesn't do the fancy stuff as well as Thorne and, as such, gets slated.

Any criticism of Ibe is utter nonsense. Again ... a case of a lot of Derby fans not knowing what they have on their hands. This kid is special... everyone at Melwood will tell you that he is going to play at a hell of a much higher level than Derby.

The paradox is ... certain members of our support want Mascarell in the side rather than Eustace because he offers a bit more adventure ... more adventure ... as a defensive midfielder... yes - that is exactly where we want a player to be trying out exotic skills and flicks.

Those same supporters decide to dig out Ibe today for trying too much to take players out of the game with his dribbling skill and electric pace...on the wing...? Forget that Jordon ... there is no way you should back your own ability at this club.

You tell me mate ... because i am at a loss with it.

I'm a big fan of Eustace but it's also horses for courses and today we had so much of the ball in our defensive third yet struggled to create forward momentum. That role isn't just there to defend, it's to provide some creativity to get the midfield and wide men moving. That's what makes Thorne stand out so much, he does both. But thhat isn't JE's strength but against some teams who aren't going to provide much of an attacking threat you need that. Personally I thought after half an hour he looked tired today, wasn't picking up McDonald when he dropped off the centre halves and was too easily by passed when millwall were running at us.

But I'd definitely have him in the team for reading away, as a game like that will play to his strengths.

Same with Whitbread. To say, as a poster did earlier, that people got on his back because his face doesn't fit is tripe. People were unhappy with him today because he continually played the ball side or back, often when forsyth was standing 10 yards up the pitch totally unmarked. That's what was annoying folk. He seemed really uncomfortable with ball at his feet yet the system we play demands the centre halves can use the ball effectively. The difference between what Keogh was wanting to do with the ball and Whitbread was stark. That's not to say he didn't do his defensive duties perfectly well. Again, Reading away where I imagine it'll be a lot more tackling and heading, and less creativity with the ball, might suit him better and I'd have him in the team no problem.

Talking of Keogh, he really caught the eye for me today. Excellent performance.

Sorry I wasn't up to it today.

Just like the team, put it behind you, move on and get the next thread up straightaway. People want to discuss (ie spout rubbish) about Reading away.

We always need a future matchday thread to be running and if you're unbeaten you have to stay on. You may not, but I hope you'll do it through to the end of the season!  ;) 

Seriously wtf are you on about. You do not have to be an amazing side or brilliant in the air to score from corners. It is not a case of either or with how we score goals. It is a case of putting a simple cross into the box and having players making the appropriate runs. Our corners are absolutely shambolic. There is not one good thing you can say about them. The balls are terrible. The starting positions of players are terrible, the runs are terrible and our creativity is terrible. 

Is this a joke - seriously?

Make the correct runs - at each corner there is usually around 15 of the 22 players on the field congested into the box. What simple cross and runs are you referring to?

Look at our players. Ward, Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes, Martin, Russell etc. are all midgets in comparison to some of the 6ft 3inch cloggers that we face every week and even our defenders Keogh, Forsyth and Christie are not the tallest.

They once asked Xavi why Barcelona rarely score from corners. He said: "Are you serious? We're all around 5ft 7 so we're not going to out-jump those that are over 6ft"

Seriously - what do you expect?

Archived