Derby County v Millwall

PrivateDerby

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No poorer than anyone else but because their face don't fit they are the first ones to get called out.

Not at all. But when they're a hindrance they get called out.

As I said earlier, Forsyth was poor and Johnny Russell hasn't put in a complete performance yet.

Dont want them to fail but they were poor today

I wasn't at the game and so cannot comment on their performance but we didn't concede and that's pretty much the job of these two players.

We have seven attaching players including the full backs. They couldn't produce a goal against a mediocre but committed side. That's where my focus would be as a coach. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I was surprised when Best came on today. I would have given Calero the chance to tease out a chance. Best needs a goal. He's not a bad player - he's just not playing well at the moment.

I wasn't at the game and so cannot comment on their performance but we didn't concede and that's pretty much the job of these two players.

We have seven attaching players including the full backs. They couldn't produce a goal against a mediocre but committed side. That's where my focus would be as a coach.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I was surprised when Best came on today. I would have given Calero the chance to tease out a chance. Best needs a goal. He's not a bad player - he's just not playing well at the moment.

That wasn't the stupid sub. The stupid sub was Hendrick playing right wing. Completely bizarre.

And whilst I appreciate we had all the other attacking players at our disposal, it is Eustace's job when in possession to be available and start the attacks as a pivot. Can't do that if you aren't available. And surely after watching Thorne play you can appreciate that in this system, it is much more than a defensive role.

Thorne is twice the player Eustace is, and plays the defensive midfielder role so well.

Agree with a previous poster about playing Mascarell at home, he has that extra bit of quality and will create space for others. If you were an opposing manager your main concern is to keep Hughes quiet in our midfield because he's the player who on his day can dictate our play. Putting Mascarell in there gives us another player who has the ability to do that and that would give Hughes and other players a lot more space. I know if I was an opposition player I wouldn't be busting a gut to close Eustace down because he simply doesn't have the quality.

Those that criticise our lack of chances from corners are ******.

What do you expect? We're not Ipswich, a team full of cloggers.

Each team has their methods of scoring goals, and ours simply isn't heading - it hasn't been this case for the past 15 months. 

Ask yourselves this. Would you trade us scoring a shed loads of goals by playing good football for less goals overall but more from set pieces? Do you realise we are one of the league's top goalscorers this season? How many have been headers? Yep that's right, a big fat ZERO.

Some people are simply ******. Probably the same people who criticised Barca's all-conquering side because they lacked a threat at set pieces and shipped a few at the other end.

That wasn't the stupid sub. The stupid sub was Hendrick playing right wing. Completely bizarre.

And whilst I appreciate we had all the other attacking players at our disposal, it is Eustace's job when in possession to be available and start the attacks as a pivot. Can't do that if you aren't available. And surely after watching Thorne play you can appreciate that in this system, it is much more than a defensive role.

Thorne and Eustace are different players. We badly miss Thorne's creativity and Eustace with his lack of pace has to time one effort at a tackle. If he misses he looks daft. He is also not fit enough to be demanding the ball every few minutes like Thorne does. But there isn't anyone else in the squad who can play that defensive cover role. Hughes is wasted there, Mascarell is too lightweight and Hendrick doesn't have the positional sense. If Hendrick was played wide then yes I could understand your frustration. I am still disappointed with our wide players' poor decision-making. They all have the skill to get past defenders but the closer to the goal they get, the less they seem to think about their best choices. Ward shoots 80% of the time and Russell overruns it. Ibe is raw and needs an arm round him to bring the best from him. We will win most of our games this year because one or more of these players will come good. 

Eustace is done. The last 3 home games at times he was playing as our most advanced CM. When we need him to protect the back he is not there. When a team counter attacks he is chasing shadows and when the CB need an option he is hardly ever available. Omar was fantastic in the cup game. Time for him to take that spot now. With Eustace, often it is like playing with 10 men.   

Each team has their methods of scoring goals, and ours simply isn't heading - it hasn't been this case for the past 15 months. 

Ask yourselves this. Would you trade us scoring a shed loads of goals by playing good football for less goals overall but more from set pieces? Do you realise we are one of the league's top goalscorers this season? How many have been headers? Yep that's right, a big fat ZERO.

Some people are simply ******. Probably the same people who criticised Barca's all-conquering side because they lacked a threat at set pieces and shipped a few at the other end.

Seriously wtf are you on about. You do not have to be an amazing side or brilliant in the air to score from corners. It is not a case of either or with how we score goals. It is a case of putting a simple cross into the box and having players making the appropriate runs. Our corners are absolutely shambolic. There is not one good thing you can say about them. The balls are terrible. The starting positions of players are terrible, the runs are terrible and our creativity is terrible. 

Eustace scored a header against QPR, but I'm struggling to think of any more.

PistoldPete2

SRG where was Dawks today. Is he injured? I thought Ibe was absolute dogsh1te today would rather have Dawks TBH.

If Eustace is to be subbed, what do we do? Playing Bryso Hendo and Hughes together has never worked and it didnt work today.

Too many players had off days today. Hughes was a shadow of the player of Tuesday. Ibe had a mare again. Fozzy was poor going forward . Just a bad day at the office?  Maybe.

But when are we going to get goals from Best or Russell? They are meant to be strikers FFS.

Seriously wtf are you on about. You do not have to be an amazing side or brilliant in the air to score from corners. It is not a case of either or with how we score goals. It is a case of putting a simple cross into the box and having players making the appropriate runs. Our corners are absolutely shambolic. There is not one good thing you can say about them. The balls are terrible. The starting positions of players are terrible, the runs are terrible and our creativity is terrible. 

You do need to be able to run jump and head the ball in one continuous process. None of our team seems to have that skill. Shotton and Whitbread might be the nearest we have but most of our players head the ball from a standing start. All our players seem to do is form a line in the box and hope the ball finds them. We would need to find a very accommodating opposition defence for this to happen.

Bringing Best on was a bad call. I think everyone in the ground senses that he won't score. That ball across the box, Russell was it? Similar to the Martin goal against Bournemouth. He should have been on the end of that. His legs are ridiculously well developed. Maybe over developed.

For me Calero was worth a shout. It's not often Mac makes the wrong call.

SRG where was Dawks today. Is he injured? I thought Ibe was absolute dogsh1te today would rather have Dawks TBH.

If Eustace is to be subbed, what do we do? Playing Bryso Hendo and Hughes together has never worked and it didnt work today.

Too many players had off days today. Hughes was a shadow of the player of Tuesday. Ibe had a mare again. Fozzy was poor going forward . Just a bad day at the office? Maybe.

But when are we going to get goals from Best or Russell? They are meant to be strikers FFS.

Yes injured in afraid. I think the past 2 games have actually shown how much we miss him. Especially when you bring Hendrick on right wing!

Eustace is done. The last 3 home games at times he was playing as our most advanced CM. When we need him to protect the back he is not there. When a team counter attacks he is chasing shadows and when the CB need an option he is hardly ever available. Omar was fantastic in the cup game. Time for him to take that spot now. With Eustace, often it is like playing with 10 men.   

Yes that is correct. Because his lack of positional sense cost us a shed load of goals today...as it has done in the last four games, and an unbeaten run since he was reintroduced to the side.

What the f*ck are you talking about? If you can't see Eutace's value to this team you are blind to the game of football. Ask any of his team mates if they think he should be dropped...the answer will be a resounding no from every man-jack of them.

Oh ... but Mascarell probably has better stats on Champ Manager or something ... ?

Behave.

Archived