Mardy Martin

-Matt-

Don't worry, it's not another slate Chris Martin thread. I've just noticed recently that he is constantly moaning (throwing his arms up in the air) when the ball doesn't get played to him or if he messes up then he blames the player who passed it to him. He just doesn't look like he is enjoying his football at the minute

Just an observation i thought i would share with everyone :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've played central midfield with a guy just like this. Even moaned when I made the right decisions if they didn't include him. He moaned that I put in a brilliant cross and we scored once because he was free on the edge of the box.

But he was a winner. Had the chance to go to Leeds and never turned up for his trial back in their good PL days.

I'd imagine Martin 1) gets on everyone's nerves with his moaning

And 2) is mostly ignored.

It's when he's not moaning we need to worry

I'd rather have a striker that always wants the ball than a striker who appears to **** himself every time he gets the ball. Not that I'm mentioning any names.

"http://gometro.block5design.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/sammon-595x345" alt="sammon-595x345">

I'd agree that some strikers are a bigger goal threat, and I'd also argue that in a different system he wouldn't be as effective.

However, I would find it hard to believe that there is a technically more gifted striker in the division. He could make a devout nun cum with his first touch, and that's not mentioning his flick ons.  :ph34r:

McCormack did it when he came to the Ipro. I was near him a lot in the south stand and every ball or anything which didn't reach him he'd go mental. Guess they just want decent service and want to score. Not a bad trait but I do agree Martin looks like he gets pissed off which is not to bad.

Threw his arms up when Russell wiggled through on a run then took the Hollywood shot, rather than play him in totally unmarked, apart from that couldn't fault him.

That kind of throwing arms up is totally necessary ....he communicated the issue to Russell moments later ......Russell needs to know he could have easily created a simple chance.  Russell had done the hard work, needed some guile.

That was a positive "arm through" -- team work ....

Some of the time it is through frustration at the game as a whole, and I am sure to self motivate himself.  He looked like he would not keep ball in play for second goal, but gave his all

I am also sure he is frustrated when things are not conducted to his level of skill ........

Archived