Mardy Martin

-Matt-

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get it. We have one of the best players in that position in the league - well, the best IMO.

But he has one bad game, and then he's called lazy. He goes down easily, then his diving nature breaks down too many moves. He gives his team-mates a bit of a lip about passing the ball to his feet, then we have to dig up his past personal life.

Why can't we just shut up and enjoy watching him play? I can't remember us doing this with Rasiak.

What really bugs me is that we'll sell him, and then for years the fans will be going on about us needing to sign a "Martin-type player".

I just don't get it. We have one of the best players in that position in the league - well, the best IMO.

But he has one bad game, and then he's called lazy. He goes down easily, then his diving nature breaks down too many moves. He gives his team-mates a bit of a lip about passing the ball to his feet, then we have to dig up his past personal life.

Why can't we just shut up and enjoy watching him play? I can't remember us doing this with Rasiak.

What really bugs me is that we'll sell him, and then for years the fans will be going on about us needing to sign a "Martin-type player".

That is sadly the nature of an awful lot of Derby fans mate ... very fickle indeed.

Plenty used to give Stevie Howard pelters early in his Derby career for being a 'nearly man' ... the same happened to Hulse because he wasn't a 'battler' and 'only scored goals'.

You soon find out who has, or hasn't got a clue.

Calm down big fella ... it was just an observation that's all. I didnt see this side to him last season so thought i would see what everyone else thought about it. Simple really

Always thought he was 'hungry' Mardy but against Cardiff just before half time he went mental at Forsyth and when the ref blew for halftime he picked the ball up and volleyed it towards Forsyth whilst shouting at him. That was over the line for me but I respect that he wants to win but has to respect his team mates otherwise it could cause friction.

Archived