Switzerland v England

Day

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rooney 4 your having a laugh he made the 1st goal and played well.

Jones 6 he played well .

Stones 5 he never put a foot wrong.

Counter attacking football tonight was good

I thought he was poor, maybe a 5 if i am being kind. Made it? A run and simple pass. Sterling's cross was perfect. He is a shadow of his former self. Not enough movement.

Jones almost gifted them a goal, only saved by Hart's foot,

Stones isn't good enough on the ball for this level, He may be ok eventually but way off international level at the minute.

We won, but they were dreadful.

We have a few players to come back from injury and we need to decide who will play RB.

I think england was much better tonight I think even during world cup lacked confordance. But tonight was free flowing football even nowary in my eyes was not that bad even whole nation was moaning just how poor england but are. I saw great promise I guess years of being a derby fan I see what roy is trying to do and I agree with blooding our young english players through even those who have no international experance at the top level even our will huges could get called up.

I know! I should expand.....( and probably stop typing messages to myself )the missus had paused it and I didn't realise I was behind until I saw that score! I would have been (realistically) happy with a draw.

All I can say is them young lads did well tonight .

It's a young team with the likes of Shaw and Sturridge missing.

I thought he was poor, maybe a 5 if i am being kind. Made it? A run and simple pass. Sterling's cross was perfect. He is a shadow of his former self. Not enough movement.

Jones almost gifted them a goal, only saved by Hart's foot,

Stones isn't good enough on the ball for this level, He may be ok eventually but way off international level at the minute.

We won, but they were dreadful.

We have a few players to come back from injury and we need to decide who will play RB.

We won and if Derby had beat QPR like that at Wembley I would of been happy.

PS Jones bailed out Baines once nearly getting sent off if he'd got the tackle wrong but did make one bad mistake with a poor pass letting the Swiss in on goal.

Jones almost scored with a great header !

That's not exactly England you are blaming there. It's Roy.

And that's the same reason why he had to quit as a Finnish manager. Unbelievable how he can make football so boring.

Yep. I like him but it's boring. I want him to take us through Euro 2016 but no further. We need  to get an attacking philosophy. You don't win anything with defensive football.

Sorry sage but you rate Baines as highly as Welbeck who scored both goals? Did nothing defensively and was covered by Jones and Cahill on a few occasions and every attack he was involved with broke down when he received the ball.

Henderson plodded, nothing special if not a bit lightweight

Jones looks unfit and is generally poor.....doesn't help playing with Baines on the left

Rooney returned a decent performance IMO. Good positions and some good balls.

The rest are fair enough.

Baines was up against their best two players by a mile in Shaquiri and Lichsteiner and kept them at arms length. Always a good outlet ball nut then got left isolated by Rooney. Best passer in the back four. His man never got past him all night. 

Welbeck did well, but made quite a few mistakes, poor pass when Sterling would have had a tap in, got bundled off the ball a few times.

It's a very easy group and we have won our hardest game 2-0. We should win all 10 games. So we do have time to get at team together. If however, if the target is Euro semis in 2 years time, then we need 5 new players into tonight's team.   

Baines was up against their best two players by a mile in Shaquiri and Lichsteiner and kept them at arms length. Always a good outlet ball nut then got left isolated by Rooney. Best passer in the back four. His man never got past him all night.

Welbeck did well, but made quite a few mistakes, poor pass when Sterling would have had a tap in, got bundled off the ball a few times.

It's a very easy group and we have won our hardest game 2-0. We should win all 10 games. So we do have time to get at team together. If however, if the target is Euro semis in 2 years time, then we need 5 new players into tonight's team.

England will always struggle whilst the majority of Footballers in the Premier League are not English.

Young English players have to go out on loan to get games in lower leagues.

But tonight this young England team did ok .

I think Hodgson will always be a kind of Nigel like figure, necessary to move us from one era to the next

Apart from the calamitous mix up with jones for their best chance, and the other chance at the end when Cahill (?) slid in. That should have been two goals against. Just also seen that the possible red card incident was caused by Baines losing the ball over the half way line. Shocking.

I think alot of ratings in here are very harsh after a very bright display from a young, somewhat inexperienced England team tonight. Depends on what you were expecting really.

Nice to see us playing to our strengths of pace and power on the counter. Well done Roy and the boys, fantastic result when the majority of the country had written you off already!

It was a good performance, no two ways about it. We had to be patient at times, but we eventually broke them down and got a well deserved win. 

I think it's hard to predict what you're going to get from England now, as I don't think there is that much difference between the squad and starting XI, certainly not like there used to be. It means we can shake it up, set up a formation and work the players into that formation. However, that's the one thing Hodgson has failed to do and it's something I don't like.

I think the formation and game plan has to come first for England and then fit the players into suit. It's the lack of that which has annoyed me more than anything. If you was going to take our 4-3-3 for example, there is numerous players who could slot in any of those positions and be happy.

I was glad to see Cahill and Jones play together, it may take a while but they're the best hope we've got. 

It was our toughest opponent away from home and we won 2-0. Qualification is a formality, winning the group is almost as assured, I dare predict we'll win at least 9 of our 10 games. We just need to make sure we have things tidied up before June '16. No doubt we'll have 1 top team, and 2 mediocre teams in our group. Some 3rd place teams qualify anyway, I'll struggle to get excited until the last 16. If we aren't in it, cheerio Roy.

We'll definitely qualify. England gets slagged off for quality but we've easily got enough decent players out there to beat the likes of Estonia, Luthiania, Slovenia and of course San Marino.

Qualification is assured.

I've also said it so many times but I'd take no notice of the rankings as they're an absolute farce.

Why are the Swiss and Croatia above France and Mexico respectively when the World Cup shows otherwise. And Chile...

Switzerland are 9th, yet they're not even a top 10 European team. Spain, Italy, England, Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Russia, Sweden and Croatia are all much better...

Archived