your team to face forest?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure of the team I'd pick yet but theres quite a few who couldn't complain about being dropped to be fair so its anyones guess how Steve will see it.

Very much doubt Mascarell would be thrown in to a vital position in such a high intensity match, not sure he has the physical attributes for that kind of role in a physical away game and if he and one of Eustace or Shotton play we could end up being too deep for much of the game.

No point me putting my team down as I would agree with you 100%.

A draw against Ipswich doesn't make us a bad side all of a sudden.

Yes and that team destroyed Fulham 5-1. Not sure why people would make wholesale changes.

Think it's pretty obvious to anyone who's seen Forest this season that there biggest threat is when they get it out wide and swing crosses in to the box, so with that in mind...

Grant, Shotton, Keogh, Buxton/Whitbread, Forsyth, Eustace, Hughes, Bryson, Russell, Martin, Ward.

If Bucko isn't fit, he shouldn't play. Simple as. Whitbread looked more than capable in the Charlton game so I'd have no worries sticking him in. Shotton for Christie is harsh but it's a tactical change more than anything.

When Forest are in possession deep in our half the back four should tuck in and fill up the space in the box, whilst Russel and Ward would try and cover the threat out wide. Shotton is a big lad, as is Forsyth and we should be able to deal with any ball's pumped into our area with 4 big defenders in there.

Obviously if were losing and you need more of and attacking threat from your full backs you bring Christie on. Can't understand why people would start Omar ahead of the Eust, his experience could be crucial in this one. Same with Russell/Ward instead of Ibe, the lad sound's like a prospect and I'm sure he'll be a great player for us but Wardy loves these games and Russel scared 'em stiff last time.

God, it's 2 weeks away and I'm nervous already!

Grant

Christie   Whitbread     Buxton    Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes           Bryson

Ward                                     Russell

Martin

Agree as Keogh will be off tomoz

Grant Forsyth Whitbread Buxton Christie Eustace Hughes Bryson Ward Martin Ibe / Russell / Dawkins Not been impressed with Russell or Dawkins this season Subs Shotton Best Mascarel Roos 2 wingers New cb after Keogh leaves for sunny burnley.

Grant

Forsyth

Whitbread

Bucko

Christie

Eustace

Hughes

Bryson

Ward

Martin

Ritchie/Russell/Ibe/Dawkins. If rumoured bid for Ritchie goes through I can see him starting;if not I will go with Ibe.

Subs: Roos Shotton Hendrick new cb? Best Omar wingers.

As some have said I see Keogh being gone.Whitbread is best replacement for him as Shotton has not played cb role that often.

..............................Grant..................................

Christie............Keogh..........Whitbread..........Forsyth

.................................Shotton.....................................

..........Bryson.................................Hughes...............

.......Ward...................Martin..................Ibe

Roos - Buxton - Eustace - Mascarell - Russell - Dawkins

My thinking:

Buxton not fit Whitbread very capable.

Shotton big & strong with PL experience. (Can cope & play a bit).

Ward has been doing well.

Ibe will want to impress and has by all accounts a lot of ability.

Russell & Dawkins to come on & run them ragged when we are 2-0 up half way through the second half.

I remember Hughes playing at the city ground when we won 1-0 and he was brilliant. Dont worry about hi being 'light weight' he puts himself about

You're right. I would actually say that this kind of game suits Hughes. He might be "light weight" but he really can get stuck in physically when he needs to, and he's quite good at it.

Expecting a good game from Ward too. He always loves playing Forest.

This thread shows why none of us are professional managers.

It'll be the exact same team, just with Hughes replacing Hendrick. Maybe a bit of rotation with the wingers but I'm almost certain Ibe won't start.

Think mine would do okay... Probably win a World Cup with them!

Archived