Subs:

Roos

Christie

Ibe

Best

Mascarell

Whitbread

Russell

That would be my team. Still can't see the reasoning behind Shotton playing CDM at all when you have two players already trained in that position. Why play players out of position?

Why do they need to be a physical kick lumps out of them presence there? Are we going to throw away what we've been doing for the last year and resort to Warnock/Davies tactics!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Shotton is a footballer with significant premier league experience first and is a big don't mess with me unit also. This could be important against the great unwashed. Also I am not convinced by Mascarell as yet and as much as I like John Eustace the pace of the Forest game might be too much for him.

Ibe could start. It depends very much how he has impressed in training or not as the case may be. Would this side be so bad?

....................................Grant.................................

Christie............Keogh...............Whitbread.........Forsyth

...................................Shotton.....................................

..........Bryson.........................................Hughes..........

Ward.............................Martin............................Ibe

The key to this is of course Shotton. If he can be as good (in this division) as I think he can we could be onto something.

Same difference. Point still stands though?

No not the same difference. You were exaggerating to make a point. He fell out of favour with Hughes I believe. Does that make him no good? He made 46 EPL appearances in two years before that. Our manager rates him anywhere in defence or defensive midfield. Plenty good enough to whip you boys.

Interesting to see has Ibe and other relatively new boys more ready to play after international break. At least they should be so changes are more than possible.

I'm hoping our "Caterpillar department" to start: Ibe, Bryson, Hughes, Ward... Let's kick their arses!

Not sure where this idea about putting physical players in comes from. Perhaps for a derby in the 70s but not nowadays. We don't have any players that you'd class as particularly 'hard' or even physically big. I think I'm right in saying that both Hobbs and Mancienne are under 6 foot. Assombalonga is a unit but he's quite short as well.

I think its more the fact that forest are dirty b*stards really.

Grant

Christie       Keogh             Whitbread        Forsyth 

Shotton

Hughes                  Bryson

Russell              Martin                Ward

swapping Shotton for Mascarell is the game opens up arounf the 60th minute and to add that bit of class. Best and Ibe to replace Hughes and a winger also, then to push into the 4-2-4 with Ibe wide, Martin just behind Best and the remaining winger out on the other wing  :ph34r:  :huh:

Don't think either side has a dirty ******* between us. Could be the most powderpuff derby ever. Lansbury is all bark and no bite and he's about as close as we get.

Hope so, will be a much better game, our five nil and your five two aside, neither team has played well in these matches since 2008. Just came scrappy, dirty affairs. Even them two results were do the incompetence of the opposition too.

Archived