your team to face forest?

Sexydadbod

Aye let's bring mascarell in for Bryson !!!!! It sometimes beggars belief what I read on here

Mascarell wouldn't have been any worse yesterday than Bryson, in my opinion. Neither him nor Hughes offered anything whatsoever - difference is that Bryson so far hasn't come anywhere near to hitting the heights from last season.

Will he play against Forest? Absolutely. Would I play him? It's 50/50 at the moment.

Still, it's only an opinion eh, or does that beggar belief as well???

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be - Grant; Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth; Eustace, Bryson, Hughes; Ward, Russell, Martin.

I would like to see - Grant; Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth; Mascarell, Hughes, Bryson; Ward, Ibe and Martin

I think Mascarell and Hughes, technically, will have too much for their midfield and that's the way around it. If we play Eustace, I think it will end up in him and Lansbury kicking each other and giving away stupid fouls. 

It's a hard team to predict and although, for me, on the balance of things Christie has been our best player this season, I nearly took him out for Shotton. 

I think this will test both us and Forest. They're the new favourites for the league, we've been demoted to second favourite. The players can't and won't treat this like a training match, they will have too play the game and play it to their best ability. 

The Forest game is huge, we could be eight points behind them come mid-September - that's a pretty substantial gap. 

It will be - Grant; Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth; Eustace, Bryson, Hughes; Ward, Russell, Martin.

I would like to see - Grant; Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth; Mascarell, Hughes, Bryson; Ward, Ibe and Martin

I think Mascarell and Hughes, technically, will have too much for their midfield and that's the way around it. If we play Eustace, I think it will end up in him and Lansbury kicking each other and giving away stupid fouls.

It's a hard team to predict and although, for me, on the balance of things Christie has been our best player this season, I nearly took him out for Shotton.

I think this will test both us and Forest. They're the new favourites for the league, we've been demoted to second favourite. The players can't and won't treat this like a training match, they will have too play the game and play it to their best ability.

The Forest game is huge, we could be eight points behind them come mid-September - that's a pretty substantial gap.

My team for what it's worth.

Grant

Christie. Keogh. Whitbread/Bucko. Forsyth

Mascarell/ Shotton

Wardy. Bryson. Hughes. Russell.

Martin

SUBS. Dawkins, Calero. Roos Whitbread /Bucko. Mascarell / Shotton , Ibe , Rawson/Naylor.

My preference is Whitbread for Bucko and I'd try Shotton in the DM leaving Mascarell and Bucko on bench but the Manager won't do that I doubt.

They say never change a winning team but what do you do to a drawing team? Give them another chance or tinker slightly?

We have to have a little tinker as Jeffrey has gone and hurt himself, the only replacement we have is Hughes so he plays, now for the rest I would like to know McClarens plans for Shotton, is he a right back, centre back, starter or back up? Either way he needs to get some game time as he's barely played but I don't like seeing defensive subs unless we pick up an injury, I don't see him being fit enough for a 90 minute battle with Forest.

I think we will stick with what we have but Hughes in for Hendrick

They say never change a winning team but what do you do to a drawing team? Give them another chance or tinker slightly?

We have to have a little tinker as Jeffrey has gone and hurt himself, the only replacement we have is Hughes so he plays, now for the rest I would like to know McClarens plans for Shotton, is he a right back, centre back, starter or back up? Either way he needs to get some game time as he's barely played but I don't like seeing defensive subs unless we pick up an injury, I don't see him being fit enough for a 90 minute battle with Forest.

I think we will stick with what we have but Hughes in for Hendrick

I wonder if Shotton can do the DM role he's big enough and strong enough and good on the ball.

Watch this space.

All those asking Shotton to play DM in front of a guy we have on loan whose role is defensive midfielder baffles me....

Why Mascarrell is still finding his feet in England as is Calero.

I like the both but they have to be schooled into the team .

Why Mascarrell is still finding his feet in England as is Calero.

I like the both but they have to be schooled into the team .

To a certain extent I agree....

However people are alluding to playing a full back/centre half in defensive midfield instead of TWO recognised defensive midfielders....

As someone mentioned on here above me, can't believe what I read sometimes! :)

To a certain extent I agree....

However people are alluding to playing a full back/centre half in defensive midfield instead of TWO recognised defensive midfielders....

As someone mentioned on here above me, can't believe what I read sometimes! :)

Steves mentioned in interviews that he thinks Shotton can play anywhere across the back 4 and he thinks the holding role but he's not sure yet.

Mascarell is a good player no doubt about it but is he physical enough for the Forest game I'll leave to the SSS

Steves mentioned in interviews that he thinks Shotton can play anywhere across the back 4 and he thinks the holding role but he's not sure yet.

Mascarell is a good player no doubt about it but is he physical enough for the Forest game I'll leave to the SSS

Fair dos.... Mind.... Eustace will be likely to start anyway!

M8 a year ago the now when they beat us we were in 15th position , this league is a marathon not a sprint and even if they do win which I don't think they will I would still be pretty confident come May that we will be above them , 8 points can be overturned in a fortnight in this league

Let's leave this to Tuesday at earliest I say. One maybe two players may leave tomorrow. Keogh leaving I think might be already covered if it happens (and him still not signing a contract makes it very possible) and depending whether Bournemouth are offering silly money or not I think Russell might be allowed to go too (replaced by someone on loan once the premier squads are determined). Just saying.

It doesn't have to be a physical game. Wasn't last time. The sooner we get our pace back then we'll not have to worry about this physical stuff. It only ever effects us when we're slow and clumsy.

All these defensive midfield candidates... Bloody George Thorne is the answer to all of it. Big, strong, fast, smart.

It doesn't have to be a physical game. Wasn't last time. The sooner we get our pace back then we'll not have to worry about this physical stuff. It only ever effects us when we're slow and clumsy.

All these defensive midfield candidates... Bloody George Thorne is the answer to all of it. Big, strong, fast, smart.

Good looking.  :wub:

Archived