How good was Whitbread tonight..

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buxton was superb against Fulham, so I don't think Whitbread can really expect to play at the weekend, but it's good to hear he played well tonight.

You didn't go to the game !

Superb is a bit strong for Buxton against Fulham !

Roy McFarland and Colin Todd could be described as superb and playing against better teams all the time week in week out.

Disagree. Think he distribution is better. Much more mobile on the ball too.

Whitbreads short forwards and sideways passing is great. How many timew did we turn defense into attack with long diagonal balls to wide men in space tonight? Thats the element we lose without bucko, its also the element/option which makes teams not press us and gives more room in midfield to play.

Whitbreads short forwards and sideways passing is great. How many timew did we turn defense into attack with long diagonal balls to wide men in space tonight? Thats the element we lose without bucko, its also the element/option which makes teams not press

Us and gives more room in midfield to play.

Worked against Sheff Wed and Charlton away did it.

Didnt go to either so cant comment, however against Fulham it did. Rotherham his passong was off and we huffed and puffed against an organised packed midfield just like we did tonight without him playing.

McClaren made 6 changes tonight and we played well and never looked in trouble .

Buxton is playing well I agree but looks to be carrying an injury.

Rest him for after the international break.

It's a squad game.

Mac might decide that Bucko plays against Ipswich who knows but he did praise Whitbread tonight.

PS Charlton were better than Fulham .

Well, Sage was critical of his forward approach play with the ball, so expect some criticism later.

Aha...yes he doesn't move forward into space then pass when a man is drawn out to him, like Keogh and Buxton both do.

He played well, but it was against Charlton's back up forwards. How good would their CBs look against Best and Kwame Thomas?

How anyone can think that Buxton, needing an operation, is better than a fully fit Whitbread is beyond me. Buxton spent more time grimacing in pain against Fulham than on the ball and I think Charlton's attack last night was much better/more experienced than Fulhams at the weekend. 

Archived