How good was Whitbread tonight..

DcFc Dyycheee

How anyone can think that Buxton, needing an operation, is better than a fully fit Whitbread is beyond me. Buxton spent more time grimacing in pain against Fulham than on the ball and I think Charlton's attack last night was much better/more experienced than Fulhams at the weekend.

Plus same Charlton attack as last week. Tucadean and Then Verkole what ever his name is second half

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How anyone can think that Buxton, needing an operation, is better than a fully fit Whitbread is beyond me. Buxton spent more time grimacing in pain against Fulham than on the ball and I think Charlton's attack last night was much better/more experienced than Fulhams at the weekend. 

I think Buxton is the better player, but that's the first time I've heard he needs an operation - where's that come from?

I heard Bucko being interviewed on RD after the previous Saturdays match (Shef W.). Sounds like he's been playing through the pain barier. He had injections to play that match, and was talking of grimacing his way through to the international break so that he can get a decent break to hopefully recover. Rammage was quite concerned that he was having to have injections in order to play.

Mind you, it won't help if he gets called up to the England squad! :lol:

I see it as this, bucko is more if a ball playing defender while whitbread is more of your typical old fashioned ones, we'll score more goals with bucko but concede less with whitbread

Both do a good job

A lot if people looking through the Buxton tinted glass

I think Buxton is the better player, but that's the first time I've heard he needs an operation - where's that come from?

I understood he'd be having something minor done over the international break and was playing through the pain until then. Could be wrong but even so he's cearly not fully fit and it shows

Wheres the source for Bucko needing and operation? Not heard thst before. And I didnt see him grinacing - dud anyone else?

Wheres the source for Bucko needing and operation? Not heard thst before. And I didnt see him grinacing - dud anyone else?

I was told he needed an operation in the pub so I may be wrong (i did question it at the time cos I hadn't heard that was the case but the guy seemed pretty certain) but he was definitely in a lot of pain during the Fulham match, even me mam spotted him grimacing all the time. 

I think he was very solid against Charlton and I put him as my Motm.  He was great at clearing with his head, and good with the ball at his feet as well.  He is a very good backup cb.  Is he better than Bucko? I do not really think overall that he is, but if he he is plugged in to the starting XI I would feel quite comfortable with him.

P.S. Yes it does help he is an American as well :D

Archived