Andre Wisdom - retrospective of loan and future prospects

HeyHudson

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those who want Brayford back, just forget it. He doesn't tick all the boxes Mac wants from his full backs.

He is way too tiny, whole defence line has to have decent height. And I'm agreeing with Mac here. It's really not big suprise why our set piece defending was so much better than with earlier regime.

Mackworth has said we are looking into a permanent deal but it'll be difficult to convince Liverpool.

Given Rodgers' comments about Will earlier in the year I'm sure he'd see Derby as a good place for Wisdom to develop. Perhaps a permanent transfer with Liverpool having first refusal on him should we sell him. That or a buy-back option.

Those who want Brayford back, just forget it. He doesn't tick all the boxes Mac wants from his full backs.

He is way too tiny, whole defence line has to have decent height. And I'm agreeing with Mac here. It's really not big suprise why our set piece defending was so much better than with earlier regime.

I don't want Brayford either... but Wisdom is only an inch taller. Bray is 6ft.

"Liverpool are interested in Seattle Sounders star DeAndre Yedlin and could invite the 20-year old fullback on a trial during pre-season." BBC Sport

Could this free up Andre Wisdom? Because they play in the same position, and are of a similar age? Or are Liverpool preparing for Wisdoms departure?

I bet at the very least Wisdom will be available for loan again.

But it could well be to a PL side where he can advertise himself a bit better.

Sadly I agree, and there is a chance that Liverpool wouldn't want him building a stronger connection with us anyway, given the Thorne saga. Had we gone up I think we'd have bought him, especially given their defensive strengthening. I reckon the easy way out is a Premier League loan, to a basement club. Think WBA are looking for a fullback now they've lost Cresswell! Maybe SMC can persuade BR to tell JP, he can only have AW if they sell us GT!

At the end of the season he said that is aim was to get into the Liverpool squad and he wasn't interested in coming out on loan again whilst that was a possibility. Bamford said pretty much the same although there is more chance of me joining the Royal Ballet!

If he doesn't we might be in with a shout but in the meantime we have to make sure that we don't miss other potential targets, especially permanent ones.

Archived