Arsenal, Barcelona, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd interest in January move for Hughes many sources

networker1884

Reports today that he will be sold in January for£15m to Liverpool and loaned back for the rest of the season.

I put that down to lazy journo's. Take one promising young player in the championship, put high transfer fee on him and, the current favourite condition, a loan back to parent club. I doubt there's any more than an easy story put together to fill some space in the sport pages.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rams’ current finance deal is set to end in 2016 and they could lose their Pride Park stadium if the debts are not fully cleared by then. - http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/344703/Derby-to-auction-off-Will-Hughes

:lol:

It's true the mortgage is up in 2016 - but I reckon it will be a case of remortgaging but at less favourable terms.

On the Hughes sale. If it is done before June 30th it would offset against Losses to meet FFP without the need for owner investment.

If the loss of £8m is repeated and we get say £10m for Hughes it would give us £2m to spend before June 30th (accounting year end) and break even or £5m to spend to meet FFP.

Any spending after June 30th will go against the next FFP review period.

It's in the owners interests to sell before June 30th to remove or reduce their requirement to inject capital to meet FFP

RAMBLUUUUUUUUUUUUR?????!!!!!

I was just going to post that you don't need Ramblur for this as Dav explained it pretty well a couple of posts back. As part of their work in restructuring the debt that the three amigos left, the Gadsby regime took out a loan with the CO-OP Bank of £15m secured against Pride Park Stadium. It is interest only, meaning that the capital never gets paid off, so at the end of the loan period the club will still owe £15m. It has been said many times that the interest rate is so low that it doesn't make any sense to pay it off early. However, in 2016 the club need to find £15m to pay it off.

I was just about to agree with Dav that the reality is that the club will just borrow another £15m secured against the stadium to settle the original loan. However, its just occurred to be that this could cause an issue with FFP - although actually I expect FFP to have been abandoned by then.

So, assuming that it's still relevant, would taking on a new £15m loan be against the FFP rules?

I think that there is only one way to get an answer on that - RAMBLUUUUUUUUUUUUR?????!!!!!

I was just going to post that you don't need Ramblur for this as Dav explained it pretty well a couple of posts back. As part of their work in restructuring the debt that the three amigos left, the Gadsby regime took out a loan with the CO-OP Bank of £15m secured against Pride Park Stadium. It is interest only, meaning that the capital never gets paid off, so at the end of the loan period the club will still owe £15m. It has been said many times that the interest rate is so low that it doesn't make any sense to pay it off early. However, in 2016 the club need to find £15m to pay it off.

I was just about to agree with Dav that the reality is that the club will just borrow another £15m secured against the stadium to settle the original loan. However, its just occurred to be that this could cause an issue with FFP - although actually I expect FFP to have been abandoned by then.

So, assuming that it's still relevant, would taking on a new £15m loan be against the FFP rules?

I think that there is only one way to get an answer on that - RAMBLUUUUUUUUUUUUR?????!!!!!

Would taking a mortgage out count as a £15m loss or would just the repayments in the year be taken into account? My guess would be the latter as that is the actual amount that will impact on the clubs profit and loss statement (a bit like transfers paid in instalments)

Would taking a mortgage out count as a £15m loss or would just the repayments in the year be taken into account? My guess would be the latter as that is the actual amount that will impact on the clubs profit and loss statement (a bit like transfers paid in instalments)

But I think that there's also a rule about taking on new debt - from memory and almost certainly wrong, I think there may be a £3m ceiling on the amount of new debt a club can take on. I suppose it will come down to whether they count this as 'new' debt or not.

But I think that there's also a rule about taking on new debt - from memory and almost certainly wrong, I think there may be a £3m ceiling on the amount of new debt a club can take on. I suppose it will come down to whether they count this as 'new' debt or not.

Regardless if we go up we can remortgage

If we don't then the owners stump up the cash or sell the ground and we are homeless (or they lease it back) not a good option

I hope he signs for Barcelona (don't think he will) but any chance of a club to club official link would help us ridiculously.

If we can throw in a good club to club partnership deal with Barcelona that means they have to send any non-first team player on loan to us if asked, then I would happily see Hughes off to Barcelona for 3/4 million pound. 

Would anyone agree with that? 

Archived