Arsenal, Barcelona, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd interest in January move for Hughes many sources

networker1884

I think we need to give Will some credit here too. He's a smart lad that wants to play football and I don't think he'll want to leave (just yet anyway) unless we force him out the door. He knows he won't start, wherever he goes.

He was also tweeting about Sinclair making the jump to a big club and how much of a mistake that was not long ago.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Barnes broke the record while he was at West Brom...

sorry I got Barnes wrong (stat still right though :lol:) his win was match 23 (21 for us and his 2nd game in prem for WBA they won but was after Bales in time)

I can't remember who Barnes took the record from but he had the initials GB!!! Must he something with those initials :lol:

I still we should be asking 20m plus players or a 2year loan deal stay with us.

B4 just have a look at players who have been sold for £20m and compare, unbiased, if Will Hughes is as good as them. Then see if it seems realistic, or not.

I don't think there any club will pay 20m for Hughes at this present moment in time (or in the January transfer window ;)) we will probably get half that and a few clauses thrown in like sell on % full Eng caps, x amount of games played, every y games played receive £z.

Then he is not for sale then. And theo walcot went for 25m when will huges age he better than is now. And for me it is no different he has maybe 20 more years left in him.

I think your getting football manager mixed up with real life now B4.

I just Steve McClaren remain hold out for 20m and sell less letting him go for peanuts.

The only way we would receive that amount is if we were in the Prem, finishing top half and Hughes was a regular in the full England team.

A few examples of how much players went for, Michael Carrick 16m, Barry 18m, Liverpool paid far too much Henderson @ 20m and he is better than Hughes (in comparison), Ramsey cost 5m, Beckham 25m, Essien 24m, Drogba 24m.

I genuinely believe that unless we get a ridiculous offer he will stay.

I think the board have hinted that they are now willing to back SM with money because they want to be in the prem with the big boys.

That may well be new money from them and not money from the sale of Will.

Here's hoping anyway.

Someone else has already highlighted how selling Hughes and using some of the fee to buy new players is not a sound investment.

For example let us say Hughes' wage is £5,000 a week. We could sell him for £10m and go and spend £1.5m on three semi-quality players for a total of £4,5m. Typically they would command a weekly wage of £10,000 a week each and be offered a 2.5 year contract. The total amount for the three new contracts would be £3.9m less Will's wage for a total of £3.25m increased spending. So we have sold Hughes for £10m and signed 3 new players who will cost us £7.75m, leaving us with £2.25m, (Half of which will be eaten up by agent fees and bonuses etc). 

Our squad may have increased in size by two players but who's to say any of them would work. We know Hughes, he plays well for us. What if none of them are any good for us? We have just sold one of our best players and the financial reward seems like peanuts now. 

Archived