Arsenal, Barcelona, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd interest in January move for Hughes many sources

networker1884

To be honest, I'm with Bris in the fact that I would sell Hughes at the first sign of a decent offer. >10million - with very little add-ons.

I think he is a good player, and will definitely improve with better players around him and has the ability to become a great player. 

But, for me he does a job of one man in our team - I don't think if he missed a game we'd be too lost without him, and don't think our fortunes rests on his shoulders so for me, it's about selling him at his 'peak' if we hold on too long there is a chance his valuation will drop - not long enough, and he is still being brought on raw potential.

I think if clubs have been watching him this season, overall he has been standard - in moments he has been outstanding, and in others quite poor (he seems to be losing the ball a hell of a lot more this season, than last but he is trying more things) but you expect that in young players. 

I think if we can sell Hughes, and buy in two GOOD players then we will be better off, and we might even make it stretch to 3 or 4 good players - so, for me it's about getting the timing right. I think January might be a little bit early for him - saying that, if he hits a run of games just before the window his valuation will soar. 

You're right about trying new things. The main of those 'new things' is his use of his right foot. 90% of the time he gives away possession it was from his right foot. But it was always a part of his game he needed to strengthen because nearly all of his play last season was on his left. Though from his goal on Saturday we can say that his right foot is defiantly improving. :D

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right about trying new things. The main of those 'new things' is his use of his right foot. 90% of the time he gives away possession it was from his right foot. But it was always a part of his game he needed to strengthen because nearly all of his play last season was on his left. Though from his goal on Saturday we can say that his right foot is defiantly improving. :D

That goal on Saturday looked like he sort of spoon fed it into the net. Lovely finish, brilliant to beat a man without touching the ball but the contact....

My daughter kicks in exactly the same way. Puts her foot behind the ball and pushes it. Well, she's injured at the moment. Victim of a late tackle by the kitchen door.

If Ross Barkley was at Leeds, or Wendesday permanently he'd have been sold for less than 2 million comfortably - was very average, and basic (according to reports and friends)

then he got his chance at Everton, and bang. Now he is worth 100000 million according to some Everton fans - it's a funny owd game! 

Maybe because Leeds and Wendies play pretty agricultural football unlike Everton and would never fit in at the former, wouldn't take much notice of what the say. He impress for them enough anyway to be trusted with a regular starting role this seasons that's all that matters.

Bit like when Tom Carroll came here and wasn't the great, didn't play the greatest football when he was here.

I see The Red Devils are linked with him now in the Daily Fail (not a typo ;) ) I don't read the paper jut clicked on a link in news now.

If he goes I do not care where it is, just get cash, none of these flooking add-ons, we have a bad record with those.

That's because we had a **** board who put on stuff like "payment after first international cap........then add......provided that cap is in the first year"

That's because we had a **** board who put on stuff like "payment after first international cap........then add......provided that cap is in the first year"

Not forgetting a hattrick in the champions league!!! On a player that hadn't scored once in 99 games :o

Transfer news: Manchester United to launch January bid for Derby County midfielder Will Hughes - reports

Rams boss Steve McClaren has accepted that it will be difficult to hold onto the 18-year-old with interest coming from Premier League clubs

Manchester United could move in January to sign Derby County midfielder Will Hughes with David Moyes reported to be eager to strengthen his misfiring squad with the England Under-21 international.

Moyes is keen on adding the 18-year-old when the transfer window reopens despite admitting that he is content with his current squad, despite their poor start to the Premier League season. Defeat to West Brom along with the 4-1 drubbing at the hands of bitter rivals Manchester City has seen the reigning Premier League champions get off to their worst start in 24 years.

The victory over Sunderland however relieved Moyes of some of the mounting pressure, although a good start to the Champions League group stage has also provided a welcome distraction.

Hughes has made a good start to the Championship season, and having made nearly 50 appearances already for the Rams, he is tipped to be a shining light for England in the not too distant future.

New Derby boss Steve McClaren, who replaced the dismissed Nigel Clough last week, has admitted that it will be a struggle to hold onto Hughes in January as bigger clubs come knocking for his services.

“Our job is to make sure he makes it,” admitted McClaren, who got his Rams managerial career off to a winning start last weekend with a 3-1 victory against Leeds at Pride Park.

“Eventually he will be too good. What we need behind that is players coming through to replace him.”

Hughes netted the final goal on Saturday to attract further attention, although he has since had to pull out of Gareth Southgate’s Uder-21 squad due to injury, meaning he will miss the games against San Marino and Lithuania.

He joined the Derby Academy in 2011, going on to make his first-team debut later that season after catching the eye of Clough with his performances for the reserve side.

Well, we should wait then until "eventually too good" materialises before being prepared to sell him.

He is on a long contract. If he went in January I'd be surprised if we got anywhere near £10m.

We just ought to reject every offer that comes along. If he's going to be as good as some people think, then we need him to play here for as long as possible - to help us get to the top.

Look at Zaha, supposedly best thing since sliced bread at Palace; now can't get a game.

Well, we should wait then until "eventually too good" materialises before being prepared to sell him.

He is on a long contract. If he went in January I'd be surprised if we got anywhere near £10m.

We just ought to reject every offer that comes along. If he's going to be as good as some people think, then we need him to play here for as long as possible - to help us get to the top.

Look at Zaha, supposedly best thing since sliced bread at Palace; now can't get a game.

I'm worried that he is no-where near as good as we make out though - at present, he is a good championship midfielder. On his day, he is a very good championship midfielder. 

A good championship midfielder, who has flashes of very good is worth roughly 1.5/2 million.

He is only 18, so we're saying that with progression he'll be worth 10/15 million in the future.. but, I guess a club will not be willing to pay up that lump sum straight away with no guarantees he will progress.

I think at the minute we're better off keeping him until he does perform upto that 5/6million pound standard at least, for me that is a midfielder who is untouchable in this division. I just don't get reports.

The next Gerrard? his playing style doesn't even compare to Gerrard.

Would not say he is as good as Bale or Walcott when they went for was it 8ml and 5ml respectively ?

Walcott was different gravy, like Sturridge he was known as the best youngster at his age group for years. Bale was a slow developer became well known for his free-kicks, but was known as a poor defender and some even classed him as a liability. 

He isn't as good, nor promising as Walcott was. But he is far more promising than Bale was. I think predicting what a player can/might be is difficult - remember it's Nyatanga who is the youngest player to ever play for wales, not bale. 

Walcott was different gravy, like Sturridge he was known as the best youngster at his age group for years. Bale was a slow developer became well known for his free-kicks, but was known as a poor defender and some even classed him as a liability.

He isn't as good, nor promising as Walcott was. But he is far more promising than Bale was. I think predicting what a player can/might be is difficult - remember it's Nyatanga who is the youngest player to ever play for wales, not bale.

Sorry Ambitious, but Bale is the youngest to play for Wales, he was about 250 days younger than Lewin, who held the record for about 2 months.

Archived