Arsenal, Barcelona, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd interest in January move for Hughes many sources

networker1884

I'd say he's proven himself as a quality player though already. He has potential to be a world-class player but he's already demonstrated he's a well-rounded, talented midfielder with promise to become a top player for a premier league team, hence my valuation of 10 mil+. 

I'd love £10m, but think about the last few 'stars' from the Championship. Zaha, Moses et al. Average at very best in the Premiership and over-valued.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love £10m, but think about the last few 'stars' from the Championship. Zaha, Moses et al. Average at very best in the Premiership and over-valued.

I think that the mind set of Premiership clubs will change and if they 'mop up' promising talent they will send it out to the lower leagues.  This happened a lot a few years ago, and then died back only to become more in the minds of manager as they see players like Andros Townsend virtually come from no where to full international because he was bleed in the Championship.

I think that the mind set of Premiership clubs will change and if they 'mop up' promising talent they will send it out to the lower leagues.  This happened a lot a few years ago, and then died back only to become more in the minds of manager as they see players like Andros Townsend virtually come from no where to full international because he was bleed in the Championship.

Fair shout. But I still believe overwhelmingly that Premier clubs would sooner invest their over - inflated wallets internationally.

Fair shout. But I still believe overwhelmingly that Premier clubs would sooner invest their over - inflated wallets internationally.

Maybe still true at this moment in time, however I think/hope it will change. 

If we look at Andros he has had a wage rise that is still only a fifth or less that Emmanuel Adebayor, and today Ade 'may' be considered to play.  Eventually the penny will drop and Prem managers will stop buying players judged on their performance in internationals and how they get through a match unscathed by Jake Buxton.

I look at it this way, might seem pessimistic but I tend to think of it as 'realistic' 

Will Hughes to us at he minute is worth 2 million pound, i.e equivalent to a very good championship midfielder. If we signed someone for 2 million I'd expect him to make a similar impact to Hughes.

Obviously he is a very promising player and has a lot of potential so we're going to ask for someone to pay for that potential, but we all know that is far from guaranteed, we don't need to have this potential paid in installments as there is a lot of interest.

I would honestly be delighted with a 7 million down payment, that is 2.5x his value what he is worth now. Obviously has the promise to go on to play international football and have a long term career at the very top.

Therefore I'd want some bonus clauses.

England appearance: 1 million

50 Premier League appearances: 2 million
(or something along them lines) 

taking the deal to 10 million, again, 5 times what he is worth now with the possibility of payments in the future. I don't mind watching our young players leave for a decent sum, it's when they stay and stall their career that annoys me.  

I look at it this way, might seem pessimistic but I tend to think of it as 'realistic' 

Will Hughes to us at he minute is worth 2 million pound, i.e equivalent to a very good championship midfielder. If we signed someone for 2 million I'd expect him to make a similar impact to Hughes.

Obviously he is a very promising player and has a lot of potential so we're going to ask for someone to pay for that potential, but we all know that is far from guaranteed, we don't need to have this potential paid in installments as there is a lot of interest.

I would honestly be delighted with a 7 million down payment, that is 2.5x his value what he is worth now. Obviously has the promise to go on to play international football and have a long term career at the very top.

taking the deal to 10 million, again, 5 times what he is worth now with the possibility of payments in the future. I don't mind watching our young players leave for a decent sum, it's when they stay and stall their career that annoys me.  

I would want more. Better than Zaha, better than Oxlade-Chamberlain was when he moved etc etc

that's fair enough, but I'd argue that keeping Will Hughes until he realises his potential and contributes massively towards promotion is worth more than your deal and add-ons, therefore, someone should pay OVER-the price for us to sacrifice his potential. Simply, we keep him.

Another average and lacklustre performance from William. Minus Millwall, Leeds and Blackburn he hasn't stood out in my eyes. Against the more physical sides he gets bullied in my opinion, he'd shine in the prem tho.

I don't know if it's just me, but I'd sell in January for the funds. Imagine giving Moody?/McClaren a massive packet to spent in January and we're in and around the top 6, we could really push on!

I'm really optimistic this season. Go into the international break with another 3 points, get players fit (it's actually easy to forget we've got a third of our squad out injured! Whitbread, Hendrick, Russell, Coutts, Davies and Barker are all players who would be in and around our starting 11, we must be the most unlucky side in the league with injuries!)

I honestly think we're a left back, another wide man and a cm (if Hughes departs) off the top 6!

Thought Will Hughes was not at his best today, he seemed to loose interest part way through the game a well. Perhaps that contract waiting for him at Liverpool is playing on his mind.

If your reading this Will (well you never know) please forget the Premier and continue to play your heart out for Derby

He's a Liverpool glory supporter anyway so he'll be off as soon as they make a reasonable offer.

Derby have to accept the offer first. We're not talking van Hooijdonk here.

Derby have to accept the offer first. We're not talking van Hooijdonk here.

True, but i think the general feeling after watching the Rush answer at the Q&A session is that we'll sell to improve the squad. Rush said he likes what Southampton did, I can see us trying a similar tactic.

The problem with any sale of Will, is that as usual GSE will not redistribute the cash towards further acquisitions. Look at the Brayford money for example.

You can't substantiate that. Who knows what the loan fee for Smith was, who knows how much spare cash Clough didn't use, and who knows how much of the free we actually saw upfront?

Archived