Arsenal, Barcelona, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd interest in January move for Hughes many sources

networker1884

The problem with any sale of Will, is that as usual GSE will not redistribute the cash towards further acquisitions. Look at the Brayford money for example.

Not true. Same Rush came out and said the money was available to spend and Nige didn't want to. It is available to Steve in January. This has been covered at the Q&As. The answers on the clubs YT channel are quite revealing.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt he's on loads.

Neither was Brayford.

Adam Smith started the season as an exciting young player who was in demand in the Championship. It is inconceivable that Tottenham didn't want a loan fee for him, and we would have got an absolute bargain for him if it were anything less than a six-figure sum.

The way people defend GSE on here, beggars belief tbh. You'd think we were a top 6 Prem team, not a team that under GSE has never threatened to finish in the top 6, with a manager forced to pluck players from Scotland and the lower leagues.

They didn't confiscate his passport you know...

I'm not a board apologist, but some fans seem determined to turn them into some amalgamation of Longson, Maxwell and the Amigos. Like it's the people of Derby vs the American fat cats who are deliberately keeping the club where it is. 

I don't think they're the best thing ever and I'm perfectly aware of what we are, but to suggest the board has pocketed the money from major player sales is plain ridiculous. You explicitly said "the board will not redistribute the cash towards further acquisitions". So what are they doing with it then? Where did we get the money to sign Barker, Sammon, Keogh, Shackell and Russell from?

We may not see all of the Hughes money straight away, if we ever do see all of it. But the vast majority of it will be invested.

I'm not a board apologist, but some fans seem determined to turn them into some amalgamation of Longson, Maxwell and the Amigos. Like it's the people of Derby vs the American fat cats who are deliberately keeping the club where it is. 

I don't think they're the best thing ever and I'm perfectly aware of what we are, but to suggest the board has pocketed the money from major player sales is plain ridiculous. You explicitly said "the board will not redistribute the cash towards further acquisitions".

So where did we get the money to sign Barker, Sammon, Keogh, Shackell and Russell from?

They have never given Nigel more than 1.2 million to spend on a player, fact. You forget they also sold Kenny Miller for 2 million, Earnshaw for 2.65 million, Shackell went for at least the same if not more than Keogh was signed for.

Which is why a midtable finish was seen by many as an achievement of Nigel's.

I don't think they're the best thing ever and I'm perfectly aware of what we are, but to suggest the board has pocketed the money from major player sales is plain ridiculous. You explicitly said "the board will not redistribute the cash towards further acquisitions".

So where did we get the money to sign Barker, Sammon, Keogh, Shackell and Russell from?

Barker would have been Tito money, I imagine.

Shackell would have been Varney. 

Keogh and Sammon was Shackell and Davies..

Russell was Brayford.

Clough definitely turned a profit when he was here in terms of players going out and coming in, since we was relegated that has sadly been the case. 

They have never given Nigel more than 1.2 million to spend on a player, fact. You forget they also sold Kenny Miller for 2 million, Earnshaw for 2.65 million, Shackell went for at least the same if not more than Keogh was signed for.

Which is why a midtable finish was seen by many as an achievement of Nigel's.

Ah, okay, so we're now dealing with something slightly different now. You're now complaining that not all of the money from player sales was spent on players when Clough was here.

When your revenue is almost halved, your throwing away millions on agents fees and paying off duff players, and you were already in debt, I suppose that there's no other good explanation as to where that money could have gone, is there?

But that's ages ago, some of it nearly half a decade ago. We're not recovering from the Premier League anymore. Recently, we pretty much have been spending what's coming in.

You make 1.2millon sound like a low amount (and it is not a fact - that's a reported fee), when it's not for a Championship club. That can get your promotion quality.

Now think what 7 million can do. We haven't got anything else to spend it on other than players.

Ah, okay, so we're now dealing with something slightly different now. You're now complaining that not all of the money from player sales was spent on players when Clough was here.

When your revenue is almost halved, your throwing away millions on agents fees and paying off duff players, and you were already in debt, I suppose that there's no other good explanation as to where that money could have gone, is there?

But that's ages ago, some of it nearly half a decade ago. We're not recovering from the Premier League anymore. Recently, we pretty much have been spending what's coming in.

You make 1.2millon sound like a low amount (and it is not a fact - that's a reported fee), when it's not for a Championship club. That can get your promotion quality.

Now think what 7 million can do. We haven't got anything else to spend it on other than players.

I just don't see why all of a sudden GSE will be generous, unless they actually think they would be better off spending around 10 million on players, in hope of getting to the Prem, now we have a manager who was a very good one in the Prem with Middlesbrough. With the result that we gain the massive cash that Premier League football generates.

I'd still hope to get 10 million for Will tbh. 7 million still seems too low, for me he is better than Jenas was at his age.

The problem with any sale of Will, is that as usual GSE will not redistribute the cash towards further acquisitions. Look at the Brayford money for example.

We were told that Nigel Clough had money to spend but didn't choose to do so. Perhaps Steve McClaren is going to be more willing to spend or, even if what you said was true (that the cash was not passed on before), perhaps it will be now there is a new man in the hot seat.

Only time will tell.

Archived