James McClean

Stuniverse

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we could make him wear a poppy then we could hold a minutes silence on Bloody Sunday in return? If we sign an an Indian player we could have a minutes silence to honour the one million people who died after the British partitioned the country? After all its nothing to do with politics, we should respect the dead of other countries, its basic humanity. Seriously, the day we force people to wear poppies its time to pack up. He's Irish, they don't wear poppies, it doesn't offend me, I don't wear a shamrock. I didn't celebrate the Batle of Bannockburn yesterday either, funnily enough, and American Independence day always passes me by.

I haven't see a player that we are linked with who meets the approval of Derby fans yet - not good enough, too old, doesn't wear a poppy (but they are only newspaper reumours when all said and done). Derby fans are experts on every player in the country it seems! Only Thorne fits the bill apparently he he won't be coming.

Created an account to second this. Agree wholeheatedly!

I'd take him over ward any day of the week.. Ward can't cross a ball

Having watched James McClean's recent performances for Ireland (due to Derby player involvement) neither can he.

He popped up with a goal in one though, having put across 5 or 6 absolutely useless crosses which lead me to think Ireland would never score with him and McGeady on the wings.

Oh no, a different opinion, kill it, kill it with fire!!

Seriously though, he's a footballer, and if he has his own beliefs about things, that's fine. Some people, rightly or wrongly, justified or not, have disdain for the very idea of war, and particularly the glorification of it. We shouldn't judge anyone harshly for standing by their deep held beliefs, and he's not hurting anyone with them.

Well says rebpublic ireland international so get your fact stright mate and that bit is part of brittin.

- Great Britain is the island encompassing England, Wales, Cornwall and Scotland

- Ireland is the island encompassing the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland (part of the United Kingdom)

- The British Islands is Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Mann, Guernsey and Jersey

- The British Isles is Great Britain, Ireland, the Isle of Mann, Guernsey and Jersey

- Britain is an ambiguous term and offers no value in determining which subset it's meant to denote

I too am underwhelmed with the players were supposedly interested in. Matej Vydra was championship player of the year just over a year ago. He is very quick and strong on the ball and has been allowed to return to Watford on loan. Why no interest? Lloyd Dyer is a pacey winger who has been transferred from Leicester to Watford on a free! If Ward is leaving surely McCormack is an ideal replacement albeit he scores more goals.In addition if we sign Jutkiewicz from Boro does that mean Sammon has to find another club?

We never booed him and when.people are saying things about players they should at get.it right it was poom.

At the risk of reminding myself of my humiliation, B4, I believe that was the joke.

I think I was the only one who fell for it but fall for it I did...

I too am underwhelmed with the players were supposedly interested in. Matej Vydra was championship player of the year just over a year ago. He is very quick and strong on the ball and has been allowed to return to Watford on loan. Why no interest? Lloyd Dyer is a pacey winger who has been transferred from Leicester to Watford on a free! If Ward is leaving surely McCormack is an ideal replacement albeit he scores more goals.In addition if we sign Jutkiewicz from Boro does that mean Sammon has to find another club?

I think a touch of realism is needed.

Vydra is a player that is already owned by Watford's owners, there is no chance they'd have sold or loaned to a direct rival. 

Lloyd Dyer is a bang average player, he just seems to have worldies against us. 

McCormack is going to cost some serious money, we're supposedly monitoring the situation but he'll cost a lot. 

We've got to be open minded about whoever comes in. Last summer we'd have been jumping for joy at the prospect of James McClean because of his performances in the Premier League with Sunderland. Now, after a bad year, we're more apprehensive and I am too.

But, last summer we brought in Forsyth, Eustace, Martin...etc these are very much unfancied players in the grand scheme of things and they worked out brilliantly. I would argue that's largely due to McClaren and anyone that comes in will have the same tutor. If McClean comes in, if Juke comes in... whoever comes in, I fancy to be better than they was last season due to McClaren. 

If he doesn't respect our traditions why doesn't he return to his council estate in Londonderry? Perhaps at his job interview he can confirm whether it was Martin McGuiness on the trigger of the Thompson sub machine gun which shot 4 unarmed policemen in a car and precipitated Bloody Sunday. It is a 50/50 chance that it was.

Archived