James McClean

Stuniverse

Always thought McClean was a d1ck. Not because of his political beliefs, that's cool, but because he's a d1ck.

Didn't he once kick off about being left out the team? Always seemed a petulant little sheet on the pitch. Like Ward but more up his own backside.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the best winger available for around 1 million. It's extremely easy to say "I'd rather have Will Buckley" etc. but they're going to cost an absolute fortune.

I've always seen him as a sort of rough diamond, he's clearly got the potential to be a great winger and he offers something really different to our other wingers, a bit of brute force, like a power forward in Ice Hockey. His political stance has nothing to do with his footballing ability, if you have a problem with us signing him because of that then I guess you can not count any hypothetical goals he scores for us.

Hopefully any disciplinary issues he has can be ironed out in our group of players, who are all quite down to earth guys and seem to be good friends.

His temperament would disrupt our very good team spirit imo. We need winners, not players that lash out beacuse all is not well in a game. Mccleans got talent but similar to Nani, you see it in patches. I want Chris Eagles, he's a free agent and would add something to us I think.

His temperament would disrupt our very good team spirit imo. We need winners, not players that lash out beacuse all is not well in a game. Mccleans got talent but similar to Nani, you see it in patches. I want Chris Eagles, he's a free agent and would add something to us I think.

So we should steer clear of Thorne then, some at WBA would say he is a disruptive element with his demands ?.

If you mean this tweet https://mobile.twitter.com/JMcC_23/status/410928147329470465

He's talking about Wigan v Bolton (local Derby)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Congrats to QPR solid and took their chance, gutted for derby tho been joy to watch all season</p>&mdash; James McClean (@JMcC_23) <a href="https://twitter.com/JMcC_23/statuses/470231400327942144">May 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've never rated him in all honesty.

I'd not swap him for Ward in a million years, but if that ends up being the case - I hope he proves me wrong!

Same here.

Bit worried with some of the players we've bid for/been linked with. McClean signing would mean Ward leaves or is dropped and Jutkiewicz signing would mean we change our whole system or Martin is dropped  :wacko:

PistoldPete2

But in McCleans case, as Andy has stated, you can understand it too a degree. I didn't understand his situation until today and it's not our place to comment on his political views when we don't know the full story

Its nothing to do with political views. German leadera respected the British war dead, its absolutley nothing to do with politics or nationalism or anything other than basic humanity. We respect our dead. Some illiterate **** for brains gobshite refusing to wear a poppy should not be allowed on the pitch.

On a side note, I've just realised how many fellow "Mc"s Wigan have in their side.

They could conceivably play a midfield four of McManaman,  McCann, McArthur and McClean. Pretty decent as well.

Don't forget Chris McMartin since he's suddenly discovered his fondness for fried Mars bars and riualistic cross-dressing

Its nothing to do with political views. German leadera respected the British war dead, its absolutley nothing to do with politics or nationalism or anything other than basic humanity. We respect our dead. Some illiterate **** for brains gobshite refusing to wear a poppy should not be allowed on the pitch.

Maybe we could make him wear a poppy then we could hold a minutes silence on Bloody Sunday in return? If we sign an an Indian player we could have a minutes silence to honour the one million people who died after the British partitioned the country? After all its nothing to do with politics, we should respect the dead of other countries, its basic humanity. Seriously, the day we force people to wear poppies its time to pack up. He's Irish, they don't wear poppies, it doesn't offend me, I don't wear a shamrock. I didn't celebrate the Batle of Bannockburn yesterday either, funnily enough, and American Independence day always passes me by.

I haven't see a player that we are linked with who meets the approval of Derby fans yet - not good enough, too old, doesn't wear a poppy (but they are only newspaper reumours when all said and done). Derby fans are experts on every player in the country it seems! Only Thorne fits the bill apparently he he won't be coming.

Archived