James McClean

Stuniverse

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If those armed forces had murdered or beaten members of your family or friends? Would you respect them?

I agree that the Sunday Massacre was completely our soldiers fault, but how many of our men were killed by the Irish? It's not like it was a one way thing (again a reiterate that the Massacre was completely unjust)

I don't want to start a political argument, not on here, just stating my opinion and you have yours, which is fine

Don't care about his views on our armed forces, we live in a free country.

He has his reasons like many have their reasons for supporting the forces.

On a footballing note I like his direct style of putting his defender on the back foot and running at them at pace. His end product needs work but who's doesn't in the championship!

Like said before he can be a liability but so can a lot of young players. I have nothing against a player having a bit of a nasty streak as sometimes you need it to drag the team through a piss poor, scruffy game of football

Don't really rate him,  seems to have gone backwards since he first arrived at Sunderland.  He does lose possession a lot and isn't that good technically.  Maybe McClaren could help him improve though.

As for the poppy, completely his decision whether he wears it or not.  The fact that it has become almost compulsory for everyone appearing in public to wear it has made the whole gesture utterly pointless in my view.  It should be entirely voluntary.

But in McCleans case, as Andy has stated, you can understand it too a degree. I didn't understand his situation until today and it's not our place to comment on his political views when we don't know the full story

Indeed got to look at the bigger picture on this one . Last thing I will say on this as it's veering away from the footy.

Can you imagine what it would mean for a man from that village to support British troops at a public event?

He possible has family still living in the area, I would be deeply concerned for my own and families well being, given the militants that still operate in and around those areas. 

Can't believe we are considering Ward going.

I think he is the best winger we have ahead of Russell Dawkins and Bennett.

Him and Russell are close but Ward is a much better player and proven at this level than Dawkins.

Personally I think

Ward Martin Russell

Is our best front three. Unless someone with real quality comes in. Don't think McClean suits our style of play and is too similar to Craig Forsyth we already have him putting balls in the box.

Can't believe we are considering Ward going.

I think he is the best winger we have ahead of Russell Dawkins and Bennett.

Him and Russell are close but Ward is a much better player and proven at this level than Dawkins.

Personally I think

Ward Martin Russell

Is our best front three. Unless someone with real quality comes in. Don't think McClean suits our style of play and is too similar to Craig Forsyth we already have him putting balls in the box.

He was great when we needed him to shoulder all the load. Now though, he's just an injury prone winger who can't complete 90 minutes who shoots when he should pass.

Archived