James McClean

Stuniverse

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm I'm sat on the fence with this one. He was absolutely devastating in his first season a real old style winger. Big, strong, tall and fast but he's a right liability at times.

It was him who gave the penalty away against us when we played them away.

Id have him over Ward any day of the week.

Im not a massive fan of Ward.

Hes a 1 in 6 type player. He'll have a blinder one week and then will be poor for the next few games.

Doesnt get at his full back enough, doesnt make the runs plus he couldnt cross a road.

Could be an absolute steal for 1m if McClaren can get his head right...all the makings of a top player just the wrong attitude...pretty similar situation to the player he could replace in Ward.

One thing I do like about McClean is that he is direct, will run at defenders, actually take them on and put a decent cross in, something Ward hasn't been able to do for the past 18 months.

He sort of arrived in the premiership out of nowhere and his direct style took people by surprise. He's one of those who isn't quite at the top level. He will have good days and bad, like Ward, like Russell, like Dawkins. I wouldn't mind him here but like others we have been linked with, he doesn't exactly get the pulse racing.

Ward is a much better player than what McClean is. I wouldn't be happy if we ended up with this lad. He showed promise at Sunderland but has gradually been working his way down. He doesn't have enough variety to his game. Too much hassle off the pitch as well. Not for me. Move on.

Archived