James McClean

Stuniverse

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because he's first class scum Albert.

Wasn't aware you knew him personally? Or is that just based on the fact that the papers called him scum and you believe them?

Is everyone who disagrees with your beliefs first class scum?

At the end of the day, those that have fought and died and are represented by the poppy (including a good few Irishmen) did so, to allow him the freedom to come to Britain and earn a bloody good living.

It's not a big ask, he can't be that against Britain if he chooses to ply his trade here.

I don't really care about the poppy. It's his choice whether he wants to wear it or not. What does concern me is that he appears to be a disruptive influence. His stubborn refusal to take advice from someone as experienced and respected as Martin O'Neill doesn't speak well regarding his character.

Seems like a prize tit and in my opinion has done nothing in his career to show he's better than any of our current three wingers.

At the end of the day, those that have fought and died and are represented by the poppy (including a good few Irishmen) did so, to allow him the freedom to come to Britain and earn a bloody good living.

It's not a big ask, he can't be that against Britain if he chooses to ply his trade here.

They fought and died for the United Kingdom and what goes with that is the right to certain freedoms. To call him scum for his own personal beliefs and to suggest he has no right to them is far worse than anything you're saying about him.

They fought and died for the United Kingdom and what goes with that is the right to certain freedoms. To call him scum for his own personal beliefs and to suggest he has no right to them is far worse than anything you're saying about him.

I agreed

I think you can make a decent case that people have fought and died for the freedoms enjoyed in this country - which incldes his right not to wear a poppy if he decides not to. 

I agreed

I think you can make a decent case that people have fought and died for the freedoms enjoyed in this country - which incldes his right not to wear a poppy if he decides not to. 

..and the right of others to think and declare him a ****** for those views.

..and the right of others to think and declare him a ****** for those views.

You can have such rights as long as it doesn't affect other people. If you're just calling him a prat for it, sure, you can call people what you wish. However, if you're suggesting that he should be treated differently due to his beliefs, then what you are in fact doing is infringing his rights for your own.

You can have such rights as long as it doesn't affect other people. If you're just calling him a prat for it, sure, you can call people what you wish. However, if you're suggesting that he should be treated differently due to his beliefs, then what you are in fact doing is infringing his rights for your own.

Correct.

Idle reminder to you all that the Poppy Appeal is a charity and you can't force charity on people... 

Yes and many people - particularly those in the public eye - choose not to wear a poppy, even if they support said charity, as they probably support many charities and do not believe it is fair to publicise one over the other...

Can't say i blame them

Archived