Alan Nixon and betting odds rumours - Summer 2014 window

Albert

Just saying that Chelsea have to get rid of one more foreigner as they're over the limit.

Marco Van Ginkel, Obi Mikel, Oriol Romeu and Torres the candidates.

It's looking very unlikely as Oriol Romeu will probably head back to Spain.

Just seen a tweet from ITV with Mourinho stating Torres is going nowhere...

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A nerve? The Bryson story was clearly being funded by Brysons agent to Nixon. Overall, I'd say his hit rate his high. He said we were interested in McClean, who says we weren't? You don't have to sign every player you are interested in.

But I agree, that Pete guy is the most reliable

Nixon's hit rate is probably directly proportional to the number of beers he buys agents.

The best thing to do is not get excited until something official. Same with Thorne. When Sam Rush said he's confident then get excited.

With everything else just try to take it in your stride. Journalists report rumours of rumours and stone cold facts with the same enthusiasm. Sorting the bull from the truth is best left to kids on twitter.

Be cool homies...

Journalists for national papers will have various sources for transfer news whether that be someone within a club or agents. They wont know all agents which is why some get the big scoop before others. I think there is always going to be an element of truth behind it even if its just an agent trying to drum up interest for his player.

Agent A tells Nixon we want McClean...Nixon prints we want McClean...whether we do or not we dont know but Nixon will have been told it by someone.

People can believe him or not, personally like stated above I think there is an element of truth behind his stories whether the truth is we are actually interested in certain players is another matter.

Also 'interest' can just be Evans or Rush picking a phone up and asking if a player is available...doesn't have to be followed up with a bid.

Local journalists like Steve Nicholson will only print what he has been told by the club...this keeps the club happy and him keep getting stories...an example of this is the ban the local Forest paper had last year.

Whether or not what the club tell Nicholson is true is another matter...i'm sure at the time McClaren said Toure wont be going to Austria, he wasnt, then McClaren had a change of mind but he isnt going to ring Nicholson up just to tell him...things like that do just make Nicholson look stupid and when other journalists are getting names for players before him i'm not surprised if he gets a bit pissed off on Twitter

I think the stick Nixon gets by some is just daft - everyone has 'sources' and for what it's worth, I don't think Nixon has any Derby sources.

Nevertheless, he has credible sources at other clubs. During the Bryson saga, I read that last season Nixon broke every single Burnley signing that they had - which is telling. He does get things wrong, but you've got to remember agents will be feeding him stuff.

And from what I can gather, the guys freelance. I think that's why he doesn't break a lot of his better rumours over twitter before the paper. As you can imagine, how can he sell a rumour to a paper that he's already announced on Twitter? Makes no sense. I think that's why he says 'saving it for the sunday people' - I assume they pay better than the Mirror as he tends to hold back on his better ones for them. 

I think the stick Nixon gets by some is just daft - everyone has 'sources' and for what it's worth, I don't think Nixon has any Derby sources.

Nevertheless, he has credible sources at other clubs. During the Bryson saga, I read that last season Nixon broke every single Burnley signing that they had - which is telling. He does get things wrong, but you've got to remember agents will be feeding him stuff.

And from what I can gather, the guys freelance. I think that's why he doesn't break a lot of his better rumours over twitter before the paper. As you can imagine, how can he sell a rumour to a paper that he's already announced on Twitter? Makes no sense. I think that's why he says 'saving it for the sunday people' - I assume they pay better than the Mirror as he tends to hold back on his better ones for them. 

I would guess he is either based up that way, or one of his main sources is up there - he gets a lot of detail about Bolton too.

It must be great just making up stories for your day job and getting paid for it.

It must be great making up stories and getting 74000 views (just on this thread alone) since late June. I can see why his hair always looks so spermed up in his photo. This guy will soon be trending worldwide.

#mirror, mirror on the wall!who is the best journo of them all

Was Nixon that broke the Leon Best rumour wasn't it?....just checking as it's gone a bit quiet

First I heard of it was a chap on footymad saying he "was at Moor Farm", that was at least a day, maybe 2, before I heard anything about Nixon mentioning it.

Archived