Alan Nixon and betting odds rumours - Summer 2014 window

Albert

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're good footballers, no doubt. Baker doesn't really fit though, which is a huge shame IMO.

Ake, although I'm not his biggest fan, he is unproven. He may prove me wrong.

I'm praying for Van Ginkel though, ludicrous as it may sound - he'd certainly piss all over every other loan signing in the division. Unless Ibe and Lingard are loaned out, of course.

Hasn't he played for Holland haha? Sounds slightly unrealistic to me haha

Ake won the young player award? seriously? 

I'd have thought Baker all day long, actually quite surprised by that.

Yeah there isn't much money at Chelsea so they chose Ake to save a two letter cost on the trophy engraving.

That showed Nathan Ake and Lewis Baker don't fit that description to me. Like I said i'd not get exciting until we know who the player is.

Out of interest, why don't you rate Ake?

For the same reason I'm not keen too keen on Lascelles in all honesty. 

He's a seriously good footballer and if we were to sign him, I imagine he'd be incredibly well kept with the ball and could handle the physical side of the game too. However, from my viewings of the Chelsea youth team, he does have a touch of 'keogh' about him. He does like to play act a dog chasing a bouncing ball, but he's a serious athlete. 

I like Christensen; the lad he plays with - he's your more reliable defender. I fancy him to be on the fringes of the first team next season. 

Ake, as I said, is a good footballer though and could prove me wrong because he clearly has ability. I just think a pressure free environment is right for him at the minute. 

For the same reason I'm not keen too keen on Lascelles in all honesty. 

He's a seriously good footballer and if we were to sign him, I imagine he'd be incredibly well kept with the ball and could handle the physical side of the game too. However, from my viewings of the Chelsea youth team, he does have a touch of 'keogh' about him. He does like to play act a dog chasing a bouncing ball, but he's a serious athlete. 

I like Christensen; the lad he plays with - he's your more reliable defender. I fancy him to be on the fringes of the first team next season. 

Ake, as I said, is a good footballer though and could prove me wrong because he clearly has ability. I just think a pressure free environment is right for him at the minute. 

Ah okay, thanks for the info    

Looked as though he was going to get a fair bit of games for Chelsea last season but he picked up a bad injury in a cup game early in the season (Similar injury to Thorne's I think?) and didn't return until March, then he didn't get near the first team for the rest of the season. And with Matic signing in January and Fabregas recently signing I can only see him slipping further down the pecking order so it does look likely he'll be sent out on loan but I would have thought to a Prem team or back to the Eredivisie  :huh:

Archived