Alan Nixon and betting odds rumours - Summer 2014 window

Albert

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seems more true now than when I first posted it.

Seriously, why do Nixon tweets still get people so excited. He's got pretty much nothing right this off season that hasn't already been discussed elsewhere first. Even then he seems quite late to the party.

Then why do you follow him and/or this thread?

I think he is very good at his job, and based upon the number of threads on this forum alone based upon his tweets, can anyone really argue?

A lot of the stuff he says happens tbf...

Why do you seemingly worship Nixon? You defend him all the time.

The only times he's been right about us this window are when his "scoops" are so vague, they cover all bases. That or they're bits of info that can't be disproved e.g. player moves to another team, still maintains that Derby were close to getting him.

Nothing but bullsh1t comes from that guy.

The only times he's been right about us this window are when his "scoops" are so vague, they cover all bases. That or they're bits of info that can't be disproved e.g. player moves to another team, still maintains that Derby were close to getting him.

Yep. Naming the "Nuneaton" goalkeeper is so vauge. Days before anyway else. But yeah, vauge...

Worship? I take interest in what he says because he's extremely reliable based on other people.

Nothing but bullshit? We wanted Juke... Happened.. We wanted Gamboa... Happened.. Burnley wanted Bryson... Happened.. He told us Thorne wasn't going to America before it came out from the Baggies... That's just from this summer...

Even last season, he broke Wisdom, Bamford and Russell.. Again probably more...

So tell me again, how is everything he comes out with "rubbish"?

I'm not saying everything he says is right, but when is it with journalists, Nicholson included (said there was no bid for Francis, day after it comes out we've had two turned down), and what he says has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but he is a reliable source of DCFC news. FACT

He also broke the news about our chief scout leaving. A bit obscure to just "guess"

Anyone concidered Rodwell? Not getting games at city and is fully fit after playing in pre season with them. Nixon said this player isn't a set CDM but has the "whole package" and could be the best loan in the championship from a prem team? Admittedly Van ginkel, Gibson and Chalobah are more realistic but we could dream..

Yep. Naming the "Nuneaton" goalkeeper is so vauge. Days before anyway else. But yeah, vauge...

Worship? I take interest in what he says because he's extremely reliable based on other people.

Nothing but bullshit? We wanted Juke... Happened.. We wanted Gamboa... Happened.. Burnley wanted Bryson... Happened.. He told us Thorne wasn't going to America before it came out from the Baggies... That's just from this summer...

Even last season, he broke Wisdom, Bamford and Russell.. Again probably more...

So tell me again, how is everything he comes out with "rubbish"?

I'm not saying everything he says is right, but when is it with journalists, Nicholson included (said there was no bid for Francis, day after it comes out we've had two turned down), and what he says has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but he is a reliable source of DCFC news. FACT

Did I touch a nerve there, buddy?

His hit rate with us is very low. He may well have got some correct (and the Roos story was pretty impressive, I'll admit) but there are others you've neglected to mention that he's been completely wrong about. He writes paper talk, simple as that.

Remember that time he was adamant that Bryson was suing us? Do you believe that one?

James McClean and Zigic were another two of his "scoops" that were obviously incorrect, just off the top of my head and from this window. We were never seriously interested in Gamboa either, I'm pretty sure of that, especially not with a 3m price tag. Didn't he say that we'd met his representatives in London or something? His back-tracking when wrong is laughable too.

The good thing about local media (Nicholson, Taylor, etc.) is that they actually confirm stuff, even if they don't actually break the news themselves. As soon as a rumour starts doing the rounds, they address it. In the case of Nicholson, he'll either rubbish it or write an article about it if it's a possibility or a name he's heard.

Sky Sports' Pete O is the only journalist I trust to actually break news. I can count the number of times he's got something wrong on one hand and that's for every club, not just ours.

Anyone concidered Rodwell? Not getting games at city and is fully fit after playing in pre season with them. Nixon said this player isn't a set CDM but has the "whole package" and could be the best loan in the championship from a prem team? Admittedly Van ginkel, Gibson and Chalobah are more realistic but we could dream..

I would imagine a whole load of PL clubs would like Rodwell? That would be some move from McClaren.

His hit rate with us is very low. He may well have got some correct (and the Roos story was pretty impressive, I'll admit) but there are others you've neglected to mention that he's been completely wrong about. He writes paper talk, simple as that.

Remember that time he was adamant that Bryson was suing us? Do you believe that one?

James McClean and Zigic were another two of his "scoops" that were obviously incorrect, just off the top of my head and from this window. We were never seriously interested in Gamboa either, I'm pretty sure of that, especially not with a 3m price tag. Didn't he say that we'd met his representatives in London or something? His back-tracking when wrong is laughable too.

The good thing about local media (Nicholson, Taylor, etc.) is that they actually confirm stuff, even if they don't actually break the news themselves. As soon as a rumour starts doing the rounds, they address it. In the case of Nicholson, he'll either rubbish it or write an article about it if it's a possibility or a name he's heard.

Sky Sports' Pete O is the only journalist I trust to actually break news. I can count the number of times he's got something wrong on one hand and that's for every club, not just ours.

A nerve? The Bryson story was clearly being funded by Brysons agent to Nixon. Overall, I'd say his hit rate his high. He said we were interested in McClean, who says we weren't? You don't have to sign every player you are interested in.

But I agree, that Pete guy is the most reliable

A nerve? The Bryson story was clearly being funded by Brysons agent to Nixon. Overall, I'd say his hit rate his high. He said we were interested in McClean, who says we weren't? You don't have to sign every player you are interested in.

But I agree, that Pete guy is the most reliable

OK, well if it was Bryson's agent who was his source, why doesn't he have a source in DCFC who could have told him it was crap? If he doesn't have a club source, where are all of the other rumours coming from?

Usually, if there is actual interest, that's where Nicholson comes in. Like I said, he doesn't break them, just rubbishes/confirms them.

Not trying to defend Nixon but of those 3 rumours you've said were incorrect, Zigic wasn't a rumour. It came from a person tweeting him saying could we get Zigic? (This was just after Burnley had a bid accepted for Juke) He replied something like, Juke is gone so you'll have to look for another target man and there aren't many, so you could end up looking at Zigic. He didn't say at any time we are after him. As for McClean, who says we weren't interested? He broke his foot a few weeks after Nixon reported the interest, obviously that would probably deter us from taking our interest further. And finally Gamboa, I've seen numerous people on here say McClaren openly said we're after a Costa Rican at one of the Q&A sessions and the only 2 we've been linked with are Gamboa and Tejeda 

Archived