Jeff Hendrick

L_J_DCFC

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, let's not sugarcoat this - Watford are sh1te. There's as much chance of them getting Hendrick as there is of us getting Messi. Good prospects aren't going to be taking backward steps at this stage in their careers, and Watford would be far too much of a step down for him I'm afraid.

Jeff is to us what Thorne is to WBA. They say we have no chance of signing Thorne. We say Hendrick has no chance of going to Watford.

Very little difference.

I am waiting for Jeff to delete all his Derby pics from instagram.... and declare his desire to play for the Hornets...

Jeff is to us what Thorne is to WBA. They say we have no chance of signing Thorne. We say Hendrick has no chance of going to Watford.

Very little difference.

Thorne said he wants to leave West Brom and Hendrick has said he's in talks to sign a new deal at Derby ...... no difference at all  <_<

Very little difference.

Besides Thorne (at best) being a fringe player at WBA, whereas Hendrick is an established first team player for us.

Thorne isn't critical to WBA's plans for next season. Jeff, very much will be to our's.

Ha, the kitchen sink.

They do realise we turned that debt it into equity, don't they?

Anyway, let them dream. I have no doubts Hendrick would go to Watford, but they'd need to offer silly, silly money to land him. Not so much to us as a club, but to him as a player.

With one year on his deal, he'll be optimistic of a Premier League move.

We can all scoff at this and granted Watford seems unlikely but he is coming into the last year of his contract and off the back of a good season and just have played a full 90 for RoI against Italy.

His agent was a right arse (ie did his job)! when he signed his last contract. I doubt it will be an easy ride for the club this time

And that's how players decide on where to move? results over the last decade, my mistake

So they choose them over the last season then?

Torino > Milan?

Atletico > Real?

Everton > Man United?

You put the league table up, not me.

I was just saying there's no reason why Watford are less of a club. They have similar prospects

Hendrick won't go because he's happy here. I doubt the league table entered his mind.

Very little difference.

Hendrick is a first choice starting player in our side, the difference between he and where Thorne has been in the West Brom line up is actually quite large. But age, appearances and how he's been rated in the past, it would be better to compare the Thorne situation with Freeman.

Sadly agents do seem to be the main players - money talks more than anything else now.

He's probably the one holding things up!

(Which is why I am surprised we are linked given we don't pay out big fees or wages)

As for the 4th stand - well we are very much in the process of building a new east stand which will be a relief.

Sadly agents do seem to be the main players - money talks more than anything else now.

He's probably the one holding things up!

(Which is why I am surprised we are linked given we don't pay out big fees or wages)

As for the 4th stand - well we are very much in the process of building a new east stand which will be a relief.

You're still more likely to offer bigger wages than us, last accounts released had us in the bottom six for wagebills in the division.

Which is why the kitchen sink comment is so ridiculous. We've signed no-one on big money, apart from maybe Wisdom.

So they choose them over the last season then?

Torino > Milan?

Atletico > Real?

Everton > Man United?

You put the league table up, not me.

I was just saying there's no reason why Watford are less of a club. They have similar prospects

Hendrick won't go because he's happy here. I doubt the league table entered his mind.

Hendrick would go to any of those 6 clubs over Watford

Oh and those teams you're looking at a couple places and a handful of points between them, Derby and Watford 10 places separate them and 25pts. Derby a club on the up from the previous season and Watford on a decline.

More chance of seeing you smile than Hendrick leaving for another Championship team

The way some of you talk about other teams on here is quite embarrassing and makes us sound like them idiots down the road.

Yes we have a bigger ground and better training facilities than Watford but in the grand scheme of things we are pretty much on the same level as them. 

We both have been in The Championship or Premier League for the last 30 odd years and neither of us have won feck all.

So just remember how sh1te we have been for the last 6 years before giving it the big superiority complex and saying how it would be a backwards step.

Having said this I doubt that Hendrick would be interested in a move to Watford as I believe he would probably want his next move, if there is one, to be to a Premier League club.

Embarrassing attitude by some fans on here.

Why show Watford such little respect when they finished exactly where we did the season before last...

Christ we've had 6/7 sh1te seasons and one fantastic season and suddenly we are the greatest club in the division?!

Jeff won't go to Watford in my opinion but that's down to him thinking we are more likely to be up there again than Watford not because he sees them as a step down.

This division is that unpredictable that anyone could be up there with a shrewd signing here or there. It has nothing to do with us being such a great wonderful brilliant club in comparison to Watford, get a grip!

One good season and our attitudes begin mirroring those down the a52 who we take the p1ss out of.

If this offer came in last June I could understand your point G Star/IlsonRam, but as is, it would currently be a backward step for Hendrick based purely on the current promotion chances of the two clubs. 

I don't think many people have actually really slated Watford as a club on here. Saying it won't happen isn't necessarily slagging them off.

If you are looking for people slagging off a club of a similar stature, the Thorne thread is a good bet.

Archived