Jeff Hendrick

L_J_DCFC

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree.

When people were saying Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson make the best midfield in the Championship I agree.

as a combination they do. Thorne, Hughes and either of the other 2 cover each others weaknesses. But I don't think individually 2 of them are irreplaceable. 

Think Thorne and Hughes make up most of the requirements for this "best midfield in the Championship." 

Great goal 

It was indeed, shame it took him till the 85th minute to make a contribution.

Unless you're counting him being weak as a kitten for the 2nd goal, or needlessly wrestling a player to ground for their 3rd, mind.

It was indeed, shame it took him till the 85th minute to make a contribution.

Unless you're counting him being weak as a kitten for the 2nd goal, or needlessly wrestling a player to ground for their 3rd, mind.

He was moved further forward second half with Will sitting deeper in the DM role is that right and we were better. 

Ive seen Will dictate from the deeper role he can do it and control the play I know he can leaving Jeff to drive forward which he does best. 

We have the players to win these playoffs I know we have .

Yes, once we were desparately chasing a game we had no reason to be 2 goals down in, he moved forward and saved a point with a telling contribution. His finish gained us a point, not his performance once moved forward, if you get the distinction.

Yes, once we were desparately chasing a game we had no reason to be 2 goals down in, he moved forward and saved a point with a telling contribution. His finish gained us a point, not his performance once moved forward, if you get the distinction.

I do yes so lets hope he's saving his best for Reading and  the playoffs then. 

Still think Will is more suited to a deeper role than Jeff as it stands with George  not quite fit yet .

I do yes so lets hope he's saving his best for Reading and  the playoffs then. 

Still think Will is more suited to a deeper role than Jeff as it stands with George  not quite fit yet .

Without a doubt Will is better there, let's hope Jeff plays as we know he can further forward.

Stood behind him in Nono8 once. If you painted his back silver, he wouldn't look out of place in the Impenetrable Forest, Uganda. 

That's my biggest gripe about him. A man of his size, strength and athleticism, should be knocking aside all in his way. He gets out muscled and knocked off the ball a lot for a man of his size. I imagine that can only be a balance issue because he is a serious unit. 

Stood behind him in Nono8 once. If you painted his back silver, he wouldn't look out of place in the Impenetrable Forest, Uganda. 

That's my biggest gripe about him. A man of his size, strength and athleticism, should be knocking aside all in his way. He gets out muscled and knocked off the ball a lot for a man of his size. I imagine that can only be a balance issue because he is a serious unit. 

Pretty much...that and being top heavy. In terms of being knocked off the ball it's about core and leg strength not about upper body strength.

Not sure why Hendrick was used as a CDM as he is quite a poor tackler, dallies when the ball is bouncing around him and rarely wins it off an opponent, much better when he is further forward and can get in scoring positions.

Pretty much...that and being top heavy. In terms of being knocked off the ball it's about core and leg strength not about upper body strength.

​Preferably a combination of the two. Do find it strange how weak he is given his size. 

Archived