Jeff Hendrick

L_J_DCFC

I don't get it really, you acknowledge we're likely to be one of the favourites for promotion whilst they'll be predicted midtable but still suggest this would be a sideways not a backwards step?

In terms of club size, stature and aspirations I completely agree with you, we're no better than Watford. In terms of current playing squad and promotion chances, however, we are.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it really, you acknowledge we're likely to be one of the favourites for promotion whilst they'll be predicted midtable but still suggest this would be a sideways not a backwards step?

In terms of club size, stature and aspirations I completely agree with you, we're no better than Watford. In terms of current playing squad and promotion chances, however, we are.

Aspirations? Watford weren't a million miles off getting that 6th spot! They'll be up there this year

No chance, Hendick, Hughes and Bryson to stay.

Thorne, Hughes and Hendrick will be upper mid table Prem side when they hit their prime. I don't understand how easy it is for some of you to accept selling some of our best talents in years for pittance.

As I said, they'll have similar aspirations to us in that they'll want to be fighting for promotion. However, the bookies make them joint 14th favourite to go up, make of that what you will...

The point I've been trying to make is that it's quite easy to see why people think this would be a backwards move and it's not being disrespectful to Watford to say that.

As I said, they'll have similar aspirations to us in that they'll want to be fighting for promotion. However, the bookies make them joint 14th favourite to go up, make of that what you will...

The point I've been trying to make is that it's quite easy to see why people think this would be a backwards move and it's not being disrespectful to Watford to say that.

Forest were second favourites for promotion last season, we were 15th...

That's great. As I already said, teams can spring surprises one way or the other but in general the league is not as wildly unpredictable as it's made out to be.

If the bookies were wrong more than they're right they'd be out of business, even with their ludicrous overround protecting them.

We are in the same league. We're both on 0 points in the 14/15 championship season as it stands.

It's a sideways step.

If by January we are 30 points clear of them and winning the league and he went, it would be a backwards step.

Say Blackburn sold Rhodes to Birmingham, would that be a sideways step?

This is no way being disrespectful to Watford but key players do not join clubs that finished 25pts below them. As Ambitious said earlier, would Abdi have seen moving to Derby last summer as a sideways step? No chance, times change and right now joining Watford would be a downwards step.

Players not currently seeing many games would see it as a chance to go elsewhere and get games but not key players.

By your logic it would also be a sideways step for him to move to say Rotherham or Blackpool and that's a quite ridiculous way to view things in my mind.

I'm not going to keep arguing the same point so this will be my last post on the matter unless someone bothers to post a new argument or actually refutes this one. Balance of probabilities, as reflected in the odds, would suggest we are more likely to gain promotion than Watford in the coming season. Therefore it's quite reasonable to argue that moving to Watford now would be a backwards step in terms of his prospects. To suggest this is no disrespect to the size and stature of Watford Football Club.

If you want to argue his game would be improved further by the move that's another matter altogether but I haven't got the impression anyone is suggesting that.

Checked the Watford forum.

"They have a £40m debt to service; they threw the kitchen sink at promotion and missed out; the owners aren't rich people in football terms. Nothing would surprise me. In fact I can't wait until Dec and the first FFP embargo's are handed around...."

Did we really "go all out for promotion"? One permanent signing (Dawkins) in January.

I won't even common on the "the owners aren't rich" line other than I think Wilson alone as a net worth of 1.5b.

Just reading a Ram post on the Hornets forum - I didn't know Jeff got beaten up on a night out this season. Any details?

Where have you been all year? Can't say anything for libellous reason but think of when he was mysteriously left out with concussion over Christmas period.

Checked the Watford forum.

"They have a £40m debt to service; they threw the kitchen sink at promotion and missed out; the owners aren't rich people in football terms. Nothing would surprise me. In fact I can't wait until Dec and the first FFP embargo's are handed around...."

Did we really "go all out for promotion"? One permanent signing (Dawkins) in January.

I won't even common on the "the owners aren't rich" line other than I think Wilson alone as a net worth of 1.5b.

The guy you quoted seems a bit of a ****, and a couple others seemed borderline illiterate, might just be the thread and off season boredom. Imagine the kind of idiots we look like on here reading some of the transfer threads.

From the outside we surely don't look rich club, and our success last season had to be put down to something, most don't take "well managed" as a reason, as the only club they'll see having any kind of variable management is their own. The same goes for his FFP comments. Most fans at most clubs will not even consider that their club will break the rules, but expect other clubs to have done so.

Hopefully the club come to an agreement on Hendrick in the coming weeks. We'll likely hear plenty of rumours like this over the summer.

He has a year left on his contract... had a very good season... Is young and gonna (hopefully) get better...

This is just the first in a long line of agent-created rumours we're gonna see this summer as our players line up outside the chairman's door for pay rises...

And fair play... they deserve them after the last year...

Thread over please.

PistoldPete2

Sam Rush says we do not need to sell and want to build on what we have, so far everything he has said has been done.

Cant see Hendrick going to Watford. I rate him. Could be tricky keeping all 4 midfield stars though.

Jeff Hendrick won't go to Watford unless it was for more money, more guarantees of playing and guarantees that Watford are gunning for promotion by signing more players.

I can't see it myself, but her certainly would turn his nose up because we have a bigger stadium, more supporters and dusty trophy that hasn't been touched in 40 years.

Some of the attitudes on here are ridiculous.

Clubs have to start from somewhere, and they build gradually. Comparing Hendrick and Watford to us signing Lionel Messi is unbelievably arrogant and downright wrong.

And who cares if we finished 25 points above them last season?

Archived