Jeff Hendrick

L_J_DCFC

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have nothing against Watford but we are a bigger club from fan base, to stadium and to training ground. Then when you add he's come through here as a youth, he therefore must be settled and he is a regular in the starting line up of a team hotly tipped for promotion... So yeah, I wouldn't call it looking down our noses but it's frankly ridiculous unless, despite them spending literally nothing recently, they can treble his wages.

I agree he won't go. But not because we have bigger attendances or because we won a trophy in the 70's. Or because of the training ground.

Giles Barnes couldn't wait to get to Fulham. Loic Remy was happy to sign for QPR.

Money, football and living. What can I earn? Will I improve? Can I settle in the area?

If Watford ticked those boxes then I doubt their attendance would put him off.

Things change quickly in football. A year ago we were nowhere and Watford were on the brink of a payday. Just some posts seem a bit condescending. Same with WBA.

Leeds United syndrome

Think this one through carefully...

Derby lost £7m in 2012/13 on top of a £33.3 million debt. Their turnover was £15m, ours was £18m in the same year!

So unless they have turned their finances around they are not in particularly great shape for FFP.

They want Thorne and he is going to cost a pretty penny and also want a decent contract if he comes at all. If they are serious I think they have to sell to buy. That's where our offer for Hendrick fits.

They have a £30m+ debt to service; they threw the kitchen sink at promotion and missed out; the owners aren't rich people in football terms. Nothing would surprise me. In fact I can't wait until Dec and the first FFP embargo's are handed around....

Blimey, they're a bit misinformed over there on the Watford forum. Threw the sink at promotion I've heard it all now...

Blimey, they're a bit misinformed over there on the Watford forum. Threw the sink at promotion I've heard it all now...

The main problem was we didn't throw the kitchen sink at promotion haha I went to Watford to watch our game against them and our 3000 fans made more noise than them clowns. They can't have possibly lost less money than us

This, in my opinion, is on a par with us signing Scott Sinclair.

I've absolutely no doubts that this won't happen.

Surprised you haven't done one of your trademark quotes 'If this happens I will (do something unlikely)'

He wasn't as good as we thought he was anyway.

Let him rot with that useless fecker brayford

And that fat git kris commons

And that shagging bloody useless big centre half who was player of the year.

Bstrds.

cant see him Hendrick  moving to Watford ...definitely a move in the wrong direction ...more plausible if it was a 3.5mill / 4mill   move to hypothetically  Southampton , Newcastle , Stoke   eg a mid table  premiership side

Archived