Rapist to sign new deal at Sheffield United

davenportram

I would never want a piece of scum like this anywhere near my club.

He should be allowed to get on with his life only at a time that the mental scars on his victim have been healed.

Rapists and child molestors and people that attack the ederly should be destroyed in the same way that a rabid dog would be in my opinion.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't want him at this club, but it was hardly an open and shut case. Yes, he's a predatory scumbag, but lumping him in with child molesters is a bit much. I mean, the other guy was acquitted and the only difference was that she hadn't quite passed out at that point.

If I were him I'd be looking for a move abroad, although work permits may be a problem now he has a criminal record. He'll, deservedly, get loads of abuse and it will never stop. Look at what Dave Jones still has to put up with and he was completely innocent.

If he, like anyone convicted of a serious crime and who serves time, is allowed back to play, it should be on a capped wage. So Sheff Utd can get him back for the remainder of his original contract, but at a much reduced wage. No point him earning silly money again, wasted on a scum bag!

If he, like anyone convicted of a serious crime and who serves time, is allowed back to play, it should be on a capped wage. So Sheff Utd can get him back for the remainder of his original contract, but at a much reduced wage. No point him earning silly money again, wasted on a scum bag!

How is the money important?

If I had done what he did, I certainly wouldn't be going back to my old job to see out the remainder of my contract. Reduced salary or not.

It actually confirms that people who comitt a crime, are found guilty and carry out a sentance, can be rehabilitated into society. Fine by me.

Exactly, the point of jail is that it is your punishment. Continuing to punish individuals after jail would make a mockery of the system.

It actually confirms that people who comitt a crime, are found guilty and carry out a sentance, can be rehabilitated into society. Fine by me.

If your daughter/wife/mother was raped would you be happy to see the rapist running around cheering on Football League Show highlights? Time served or not! Fine by you because it's not you who's the victim.

So you propose the victims of crime determine the punishment of the offender?

No, I'm saying football is an entertainment industry and a rapist shouldn't be allowed into that arena after having committed such a hideous crime, no matter if he's served his time or not.

Do you think Rolf Harris should be back on our TV's after he's been released??

If your daughter/wife/mother was raped would you be happy to see the rapist running around cheering on Football League Show highlights? Time served or not! Fine by you because it's not you who's the victim.

I certainly wouldn't be happy seeing anyone who had done something so terrible to a family member but you are correct in saying the ultimate test of making a comment like the one I made is having it applied to such a family member.  The people who forgive others who have done them harm have my total respect. It would be something I would hope to live up too, if the time ever came, but as you imply, who knows?

No, I'm saying football is an entertainment industry and a rapist shouldn't be allowed into that arena after having committed such a hideous crime, no matter if he's served his time or not.

Do you think Rolf Harris should be back on our TV's after he's been released??

Sheff Utd haven't decided anything yet. Whether or not they do will be down to the law of contract and whether each side wants to obtain an advantage from the agreement. I doubt Rolf will ever be contracted to TV again, there will be no advantage to TV. It's up to SU to see if the 'set of issues' come out in favour of his return or not.  I can't see him playing again though, he will be too much of a distraction.

How damaging to any clubs reputation would it be if they let a convicted rapist play? I'm not sure if many would be willing to take that risk.

Marlon King was convicted of sexual assault twice (not as serious as Evans' charge though) and yet clubs still wanted him...

If Messi was convicted for rape now (unlikely I know), there would still be clubs queuing for his signature after his release.

Evans is/was a good striker and in that sense would be a valuable asset to Shef Utd in that sense but are they justifying rape by signing him as if to try and push it under the carpet? Very delicate situation indeed.

Hanging's too good for them - all criminals of any description, including those of you who use a kid's ticket and don't pay for the upgrade, should be burned at the stake.

I wouldn't want him here, and I think Nigel will feel the same. He should have got a longer sentence, but now he's done his time, you can't ban him from playing. He'll probably struggle to find somebody wanting to sign him but if they choose to, so be it. He's obviously done bad things but don't you think he's suffered enough and deserves a shot at redemption?

He served his time? He raped somebody. How many years do you think that will stay with the girl for ?

But because our law says raping somebody is worth x amount of years then that's justice served? Maybe if your kids/girlfriends get raped you might think that our law is a little soft when he's out earning thousands and your loved one has to live with that forever.

And this is brilliant. Another criminal likely to get a club, a rapist, but they won't employ black blokes.

Really?

Don't want no black guy managing us. Belong on chains. But a rapist? It's just a bit of adult banter

First off, I think it may be beneficial for you to actually look at the case based on the evidence rather than reading the word rape and going mental. The girl got in the car and went to their hotel willingly, although she was heavily intoxicated. The fact that Clayton McDonald was acquitted, despite also having sex with the girl, shows their was no force involved. Now, don't think for a minute that this means I condone their actions or feel they shouldn't have been punished, but I do think there are mitigating circumstances that show these men aren't necessarily the monsters that spring to mind when we think of rapists.

As for your other comments regarding race, they're utterly ludicrous. You realise Clayton McDonald is black, right? You realise that Marlon King, a black footballer previously charged with assault, has no problem finding employment in the game?

Archived