Rapist to sign new deal at Sheffield United

davenportram

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably about the time we should mention that there were drugs in the girl's system that she said she did not take, and must have been mixed into her drink when she wasn't looking.

Now is she a liar, or did they spike her drink?

Discuss.

It's not that difficult. If you are in a position to wonder where the line is, you should avoid having sex with that person.

You know what, they might even respect you for it.

We're going round in circles here and you're right, in an ideal world that would be the end of it. Unfortunately we don't live in one.

What concerns me is that, by my understanding of the law, a person could obtain all reasonable levels of consent in total belief their sexual partner was in fit state of mind but in some situations this could still be rape. Now if my understanding is wrong, and perhaps it is I'm not fully sure of the implications of point 2 in the law you posted earlier, then I imagine that many others misunderstand this too. This in itself is a problem because that misunderstanding could explain some of the victim blaming that goes on when rape cases involve alcohol and/or drugs.

This is probably about the time we should mention that there were drugs in the girl's system that she said she did not take, and must have been mixed into her drink when she wasn't looking.

Discuss.

her drinks were not necessarily spiked by them

From wikipedia, for what it is worth.

British law doesn't include male rape as a criminal offense and it is recorded as non-consensual buggery. The convicted rapist can be imprisoned for life, stated Henry Leak, the chairman of Survivors organization, while buggery only carries 10 years maximum as a sentence.

PistoldPete2

I'm fairly sure you can tell the difference between a woman that has had a few and tipsy or on the verge of passing out, walking in a straight line with heels on and not slurring compared to carrying her shoes swerving left to right on the pavement and slurring.

And during sex you must tell, if she's just laid there eyes glazed over barely with it you shouldn't be on there, if she's switching positions freely, going down for blow jobs on her on accord then clearly theres a green light there.

Ok so was this lady too p1ssed. Forgets pizza and then goes back to collect it.

Looks pretty steady on her feet to me.

http://www.chedevans.com/judge-for-yourself

PistoldPete2

Hm, very true also.

I think the story was that they Macdonald met her at a takeaway after the nightclub, Evans met her for the first time when she was at the Premier Inn so I dont think either of them could have spiked her drink unless they put something on her pizza. 

PistoldPete2

Really hard to tell from a 2 minute video that jumps, plus her face is blurred out

Ah, so does she look **** faced or not? We will never know. Shes not semi-conscious that's for sure.

Discuss.

I've never really gotten this whole "trial by public" thing people do. A court made a ruling, based and focused on the best evidence presented, by representatives on both sides. If there was a mistake, there is a procedure in place which will hopefully be able to sort out any errors, which will hopefully be extremely rare.

The best we can do is look at little bits and pieces put forward by people, who will tend to only show their side of it, and try and make what will at best be a very narrow judgement. At this time he is still trying to clear his name, and if he does, all the best for him, but at this point in time that is not the case.

The real question is whether someone convicted of rape should ever be allowed to play again, and to be completely honest the only case that I would ever be comfortable with a convicted criminal playing again is when they have repented for their actions, served their time, and made some moves to help the community around them. The issue with such exists that a wrongly convicted person, simply telling the truth, comes across as unrepentant. For that reason I'm always tempted to think that those convicted of serious crime simply being barred from playing professionally.

PistoldPete2

I've never really gotten this whole "trial by public" thing people do. A court made a ruling, based and focused on the best evidence presented, by representatives on both sides. If there was a mistake, there is a procedure in place which will hopefully be able to sort out any errors, which will hopefully be extremely rare.

The best we can do is look at little bits and pieces put forward by people, who will tend to only show their side of it, and try and make what will at best be a very narrow judgement. At this time he is still trying to clear his name, and if he does, all the best for him, but at this point in time that is not the case.

The real question is whether someone convicted of rape should ever be allowed to play again, and to be completely honest the only case that I would ever be comfortable with a convicted criminal playing again is when they have repented for their actions, served their time, and made some moves to help the community around them. The issue with such exists that a wrongly convicted person, simply telling the truth, comes across as unrepentant. For that reason I'm always tempted to think that those convicted of serious crime simply being barred from playing professionally.

I think the thing about "trial by public" is that it often works. Miscarriages of justice are overturned by public scrutiny eventually demanding a re-trial.  This guy maintains his innocence. His girlfiend has stood by him. The judgments were mutually inconsistent; how could one be acquited and the other not?  The case against him seems flimsy at best. 

The website also states that short time before thr girl was seen to be unstable on her feet on cctv footage in town

Ched went to the teavelodge to see what girl his mate was with (why?)

He lied to get a key card

His brothers went to watch from the window and record it.

PistoldPete2

The website also states that short time before thr girl was seen to be unstable on her feet on cctv footage in town

Ched went to the teavelodge to see what girl his mate was with (why?)

He lied to get a key card

His brothers went to watch from the window and record it.

its morally indefensible, cheating on his girlfriend, gatecrashing his mate's session etc, (maybe he fancied a threesome?) what his brothers were up to god knows. or the guy at reception listening at the door.

But really is it any different to an average night in magaluf?

PistoldPete2

Was more alcohol consumed between her arriving and Evans arriving?

Does the Premier Inn sell alcohol in the rooms? I dont think so. Macdonald was acquited of rape, so Evans arriving later doesnt seem to change anything. I think the problem may be that Evans joining in is seen as tantamount to a gang bang. His conduct may be morally wrong , but I dont see any basis for saying she consented to one but  not the other simply because she was drunk.

If she said no to Evans then fair enough its rape. If not then not. Her having had something to drink even a lot to drink wont change that unless she was completely out of it. She wasnt or else Macdonald would have been convicted also.

Archived