Rapist to sign new deal at Sheffield United

davenportram

Lee Hughes killed someone, and was back playing football three years later.

If he gets a second chance, then anyone will. 

There will always be someone desperate enough to sign players, if they're good enough, no matter what they've done.

He shouldn't have get back either.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you read up on the case, it's far less straightforward than what most people think when they've only seen the headlines.

That isn't to defend anyone's actions, but it's far from black and white / an open and shut case.

He was committed for rape. That means beyond reasonable doubt.

A lot of reading up on the Internet means reading reports, or generally people's opinions on events and that always means you are reading a tainted view

Chris Martin has been done for assault and is banned from 70 odd pubs in Norfolk.

Not as extreme but just sayin.

doubt the pub watch order is still valid. It was a few years ago. But I know what you mean.

He was committed for rape. That means beyond reasonable doubt.

A lot of reading up on the Internet means reading reports, or generally people's opinions on events and that always means you are reading a tainted view

Fair point, of course.

The Justice system CAN get it wrong however, and there is still an active appeal - if he wins that does it mean he's innocent beyond reasonable doubt or would he forever be judged on the prior conviction?  Would it change your mind if he won the appeal?

Personally I'm not comfortable with the idea of him going straight back into football unless his appeal is successful.

It wouldn't bother you if he came to our club then mcsilks?

Perfect question, I was about to ask the same question

Doesn't like to put people down,then.

This is what we have to put up with mate.

I've been on the verge of joining the COYR's forum several times but been talked out of it on each occasion.

Archived