Play-off SF Leg 1: Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We always score away and will do again on Thursday. 2-1 to us in a closely fought game with still everything to play for on Sunday. Jealous of anyone going to these games as we're sunning it in Skiathos. Save us a ticket for Wembley - please!

I think there's a plane from East Midlands arriving tomorrow and I look forward to showing them where we can watch the game on Sunday. Well done boys - I even had a Man City and Everton supporter cheering us on!

We were chasing the ball for first twenty minutes before looking dangerous at every break - two goals tempered the game. Second half was usual fodder for Brighton - little imagination and lots of overhit diagonal balls. Worldy save from Granty kept the lead and defended well. Think we'll be too strong Sunday.

What are the Brighton fans saying?

Don't want to go on their forum incase any of them chat me up, especially with my avatar.

You are so funny you should be on the radio. We are saying that we should have had at least two penalties, probably three. We gifted you the equaliser by a dreadful challenge for you penalty and your second goal was so unlucky for us that its typical Brighton. You however looked very very dangerous onthe counter attack and you look a better side than us. You should go through.

We didn't move through the gears tonight but we did a job on a good team away from home. Highlight was Martin scoring a superb penalty right in the side netting! We move to Sunday word plenty of confidence. Come on the rams!

Decent game. Good result. 

Brighton will no doubt consider themselves unlucky, but realistically Grant had a couple of good saves to make but beyond that they looked incredibly blunt in the final third. 

The temptation must be there for the second leg to play on the break, Brighton looked eminently catchable and they're going to have to come and try to get at least one goal. That being said, they also look like the kind of team that we'd blow away inside half an hour if we turned it on. 

Just hope we don't have one of 'those' games. Brighton play some good stuff, and if they got a bit of luck up front, or changed things around tactically, they could cause us plenty of problems if we're not careful.

There was parts of our play that was very good, some good, some naive and some quite frankly poor. 

Defensively, I couldn't fault any of them from 25-minutes on. In midfield, I thought we were poor. Attacking, we was very good. 

Bryson, Hendrick and Thorne have all had better days. 

Brighton, I thought were very good. They did exactly what I expected us to do, and we did what I thought they would do. We beat them at their own game.

The jobs only half-done now - they have a good away record. The last thing we need to do now is let this win get to our head. 

There was parts of our play that was very good, some good, some naive and some quite frankly poor. 

Defensively, I couldn't fault any of them from 25-minutes on. In midfield, I thought we were poor. Attacking, we was very good. 

Bryson, Hendrick and Thorne have all had better days. 

Brighton, I thought were very good. They did exactly what I expected us to do, and we did what I thought they would do. We beat them at their own game.

The jobs only half-done now - they have a good away record. The last thing we need to do now is let this win get to our head. 

You thought we would dominate possession away at Brighton?

Fortunate to win, draw probably would have been fair. Kept them out quite comfortably and looked dangerous at times. Second half was drab.

Was really quite similar to our away win there earlier in the season. 

Archived