Play-off SF Leg 1: Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County

CumbrianRam

Just been listening to talkSPORT and some of their presenters comments about us...

"Counter attacking at it's best"

"A joy to watch"

"When they can afford to leave Will Hughes on the bench...wow, their squad is something else"

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was their last night! Only my second away game in a play off semi final (only 17) so this one meant everything! Only being 7 when we lost away at Preston means I didn't really know much about how it meant how good it feels to go and win away in the play offs making you only 90 minutes away from Wembley! Was such a great night and one I won't forget!

But overall I thought we did just the job!! So fast on the counter attack they couldn't deal with us. yes we sat back second half but all we needed was a win to take us into the home leg we could of gone for another and they could of scored! For those saying we had luck yes we did but Martins left foot effort was superb now I don't know if he is left or right footed but it was a top class effort and deserved to go in! Can't wait for Sunday now COYR

So where was the cock-nosed ginger Billy blowing bint on BBC EMT tonight then? We got some sub covering our game.

A much better replacement though don't you think? ;)

HANG ON A MINUTE.

I just realised, Upson wasn't booked for the tackle that lead to the penalty? Absolutely staggered... Boo ref out!

Tell me about it. And then Ward got booked for a shoulder barge and Sammon for a fairly innocuous foul that was his first of the game. Very inconsistent.

Think unfortunately Sammon's a bit too clumsey as defensive cover for Forsythe but Ward was knackered and Sammon was a far better option than Bamford for that role. Hughes showed his class when he came on; completely killed the last few minutes. 

For me Grant deserved MoM not only for some great saves but also his command of the area (especially on the corners). Thought Ward and Russell both played well offering some intelligent runs and giving our defence a much needed break at times. Martin really stepped up when we needed him to, which was great to see.

Midfield was an odd one. I'd be interested to see how their midfield was working against ours again cause it often felt they were finding spaces behind Thorne and in front of our back four. 

We were a little slow at times to react to short corners and quick free kicks (one which lead to their goal). Thought they were a little dirty bringing us down every counter attack but we did the same at some points when their faster players got on the ball. 

Felt they had 3 or 4 dangerous players. Was glad to see Linegard go off when he did as I felt he was one of them (only when he cut inside though). The others were Ulloa, Buckley and Mackaill-Smith looked quite dangerous when he got going. 

Hopefully Buckley is out for the next game as I felt he was the one creating a lot of the one twos opening us up in the first 30. 

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?301093-How-many-penalties-would-you-have-given-last-night

Am I the only one who's not seeing any of these so-called "penalties"?

The one with Forsyth on Calderon was the closest thing I saw and, even then, I'm seeing Calderon unnaturally move his right leg towards Forsyth, essentially looking for the contact. When you also take into account the theatrical fall and triple roll on the ground, I'm not surprised the ref didn't give it.

The one with Ulloa and Bucko, you just can't give. There's so much holding and shirt pulling at every corner, you'd be giving penalties every 2 minutes. If it were to be clamped down on, you may as well just bypass the awarding of a corner and give a penalty instead. Besides, Ulloa was a mouthy little pr*ck anyway. I'm glad he got nothing all night.

There was apparently a third claim as well but I have no idea what they're talking about with that one.

I thought the Calderon one was a clear penno.

It's just natural for most football fans to be biased, if that was our player I can guarantee you nearly all on here would be calling it a definite penno. Just watching it again, dont see how anyone can say it isnt a penalty, Calderon takes the ball, Forsyth hangs his leg out behind him and takes him down. 

A bloke on their board even took it to far to say he thought Forsyth had dived for our penalty. 

Who gives a f*ck really? But lets be honest about it. 

When did I ever compare the two? I'm pretty sure I just gave you an example of a game which totally contradicts your point.

So you did exactly that. You compared the two.

Bris. If you or anybody else for that matter really thinks that sitting back and defending very, very deep while showing no ambition in going forward even counter attacking is a good tactic them you really are as stupid as I always assumed you were by your argumentative and often contradictory posts.

So you did exactly that. You compared the two.

Bris. If you or anybody else for that matter really thinks that sitting back and defending very, very deep while showing no ambition in going forward even counter attacking is a good tactic them you really are as stupid as I always assumed you were by your argumentative and often contradictory posts.

About as stupid as Chelsea winning the Champions League then.

Whilst I agree it's a dangerous game, I thought we were set up to counter and even in the second half we could have scored again through Jamie Ward and Connor Sammon.

I don't particularly enjoy watching us sit so deep, but I honestly felt the opposition played their hand in that.

Let's foget this, I'm wasting my time replying to your posts and you probably feel the same way.

I thought the Calderon one was a clear penno.

It's just natural for most football fans to be biased, if that was our player I can guarantee you nearly all on here would be calling it a definite penno. Just watching it again, dont see how anyone can say it isnt a penalty, Calderon takes the ball, Forsyth hangs his leg out behind him and takes him down. 

A bloke on their board even took it to far to say he thought Forsyth had dived for our penalty. 

Who gives a f*ck really? But lets be honest about it.

The only influencing event was the ball bounced off him, away from the goal and out of his control. At normal speed it looks like the ball went one way and the players tangled as a result of momentum. Could have easily been given though

The only influencing event was the ball bounced off him, away from the goal and out of his control. At normal speed it looks like the ball went one way and the players tangled as a result of momentum. Could have easily been given though

This^

When it first happened, in real time, I honestly thought Forsyth touched the ball.

Archived