Burnley v Derby County

sage

Remember going up to Burnley in the 74-75 season and hammering

them 5-2, what would we give for a score like that on saturday!!

Remember it so well. Easter Monday. Some massive scraps on the terrace down one side. David Nish free kick round the wall. And Burnley were in the mix at top of table also. Great day.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember going up to Burnley in the 74-75 season and hammering

them 5-2, what would we give for a score like that on saturday!!

I was at that game! We had a huge open terrace down one side of the pitch and sang "and now your gonna believe us, and now your gonna believe us, and now your gonna belieeeeeeeve us......we're gonna win the league - again!" for about 20 minutes.

We also fought for about 20 minutes outside as the bstards bricked us from up on a grass bank as we came out.....

I've made it to three away games this season.

Leicester (cup) - lost

Forest - lost

Brum - pissed away 2 points

Therefore, for the greater good I will be staying at home, under the covers and not even listening on RD

Despite my earlier claims to be hiding away for the greater good, I've changed my mind and decided to go. Afraid I can only see a Burnley win regardless, so I might as well.

Burnley 2 (Ings, Vokes)

Rams 1 (Buxton)

this is one of them games where no matter what happens we are still in with a shout of automatic playoffs due to us having the easier run in on paper. 

Burnley are bound to score so we just need to make sure we score more than they do.

4-1-5 formation for the win, they don't play with midfielders anyways so whats the point?

Burnley 1 - Derby 6

Buxton FGS

I think for everyone this is huge... i would love to say we will win, but i doubt we will sadly, if we get a draw i will be a happy boy as the gap will stay the same...

So my heart says 1-1 fgs Martin

After 45yrs of being a ram, i wont say what my head says..... but in Steve,we Believe !!

Remember it so well. Easter Monday. Some massive scraps on the terrace down one side. David Nish free kick round the wall. And Burnley were in the mix at top of table also. Great day.

what a great day ramrider up there.  That really strange KOP with an opening between the fences patrolled bu police.  I seem to recall bottles flying everywhere.  What a great team we had, one of the best away days I can remember

If our best players play their best football, I really believe the only team in the division that can live with us is Leicester.

Having said that, we haven't put in a great performance for quite a while now. I think we could get found out.

2-0 Burnley.

Archived