Burnley v Derby County

sage

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley 0 - 2 Rams

Dawkins fgs

Bamforth with a late second

Players totally up for it and focussed. Rear guard victory with a couple of goals on the break.

Got to start Dawkins and Russell for me, they offer more to the team than BamBam and Ward for me.

Huge, huge game!

Most of it on Burnley Mad is reasonable, however one did seem slightly arrogant for suggesting we'll go and park the bus at their place, because they're the almighty Burnley. But overall, they recognised that we're tough opponents but were rightly confident.

However, this one comment p*ssed me off

So do you think you'll fill the away end Rams fans? It holds 3,800, so some of your fans hoping for 6,000 on your board are going to be way off the mark. I hope you do as we could do with the cash. We're the poor relations in this promotion race.

'We're the poor relations in this promotion race'

This bothered me because they've received (an estimated) 11 million in transfer fee's for Rodriguez and Austin the past 2 years. In fact they've even stolen Shackell (our best player at the time) off us because we needed the money? Dyche is constantky making them the plucky underdogs in the press, which I don't buy into. They were written off and have come out of nowhere, but it's not as miraculous as it's being made out to be; most people just didn't know of Ings and Vokes quality. Did people know of Martin's and Bryson's? 

Most of it on Burnley Mad is reasonable, however one did seem slightly arrogant for suggesting we'll go and park the bus at their place, because they're the almighty Burnley. But overall, they recognised that we're tough opponents but were rightly confident.

However, this one comment p*ssed me off

So do you think you'll fill the away end Rams fans? It holds 3,800, so some of your fans hoping for 6,000 on your board are going to be way off the mark. I hope you do as we could do with the cash. We're the poor relations in this promotion race.

'We're the poor relations in this promotion race'

This bothered me because they've received (an estimated) 11 million in transfer fee's for Rodriguez and Austin the past 2 years. In fact they've even stolen Shackell (our best player at the time) off us because we needed the money? Dyche is constantky making them the plucky underdogs in the press, which I don't buy into. They were written off and have come out of nowhere, but it's not as miraculous as it's being made out to be; most people just didn't know of Ings and Vokes quality. Did people know of Martin's and Bryson's? 

That was me that said 6000 in a shout out to b4, it was a joke but now I think we should definitely take 10000. They probably need help getting over 60% of their capacity. Might be difficult though charging those kind of prices for wooden seats that nobody will sit on anyway.

I digress...

Burnley 1-4 Derby

correction.... Burnley 1-1 Derby.

Dawkins FGS

Bite your hand off for a draw: 2 points behind with 13 games to go and we'll reel them in (for instance, we're made up 2 points on Burnley in the last 6 games). Lose and I'm not sure we can go again and close a 5 point gap. A win changes the dynamic of the entire season and would make us clear favourites for the second spot.

Bite your hand off for a draw: 2 points behind with 13 games to go and we'll reel them in (for instance, we're made up 2 points on Burnley in the last 6 games). Lose and I'm not sure we can go again and close a 5 point gap. A win changes the dynamic of the entire season and would make us clear favourites for the second spot.

In the last 20 games (since Steve McClaren arrived), we've made 9 points up on them.

The last three 1-0's have been good for the cause. But we have somewhat lost our ability to score at will, finding goals much more difficult to come by. If we were playing like we were two months ago I would fancy us to sneak a 2-3 but as it is Burnley are unstoppable at home and are scoring freely. Don't see Keogh/Bucko being able to hold up Ings and Volkes all game.

It's gonna end in tears I fear and effectively end our run for the autos.

Another Leicester away I reckon....... 4-1

Archived