Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

sage

Christ, thats a good arm you've got for an oldie, mine didn't even reach the pitch.

Damned right.

There was a charity collection of them.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these statistics to back up Buxton but the one that really counts is goals against.

Fail.

Will be astonished if he's here next season.

Sam Rush started ridding of the **** in Clough Macca's gonna carry on the trend, Bucko go find your level like Clough.

What's the goals against stat for when Keoghs playing. It must be soooo much better than when Bucko is playing.

Too lazy to read everything so sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I just read an article about how Julio Cesar is still hoping to get a move away from QPR to get some regular games and secure his place in the Brazil squad for the work cup. Surprisingly no one has come in for him in summer or January. What's wrong with him? Is it stupid wages? In which case, how much money are QPR pissing away if they're paying their third choice goalkeeper stupid wages? And how good is their squad that the Brazil number 1 is their 3rd choice goalkeeper?

So I had a look at their squad, the first time properly. They've got a whole bunch of proper top class players there. That squad shouldn't just be walking this league, they should be doing fairly well in the Premier league. So how on earth are they not top, and still in serious danger of not getting automatic promotion.

I really hope they don't get promoted. What are they going to do with all those players who aren't even good enough to get out of the 2nd division?

Bearing all that in mind I'm going for...

Derby 3 - 1 QPR Bryson FRGS - the road to second place starts here.

Too lazy to read everything so sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I just read an article about how Julio Cesar is still hoping to get a move away from QPR to get some regular games and secure his place in the Brazil squad for the work cup. Surprisingly no one has come in for him in summer or January. What's wrong with him? Is it stupid wages? In which case, how much money are QPR pissing away if they're paying their third choice goalkeeper stupid wages? And how good is their squad that the Brazil number 1 is their 3rd choice goalkeeper?

So I had a look at their squad, the first time properly. They've got a whole bunch of proper top class players there. That squad shouldn't just be walking this league, they should be doing fairly well in the Premier league. So how on earth are they not top, and still in serious danger of not getting automatic promotion.

I really hope they don't get promoted. What are they going to do with all those players who aren't even good enough to get out of the 2nd division?

Bearing all that in mind I'm going for...

Derby 3 - 1 QPR Bryson FRGS - the road to second place starts here.

They assumed he'd leave in the summer, so played Green whilst the window was still open at the start of the season and he did brilliant, so couldn't drop him. Odd situation, though.

Cesar is on about 80k-100k a week I believe.

He was very much rated as one of the best keepers in the world when he signed, now though... football's crazy, but goalkeepers fluctuate in reputation quite a lot.

And on QPR, there team is set out to play defensive limited football - they're good enough to win this league at a canter. Joey Barton for instance is fantastic.

QPR suffer from two problems. They don't ever really play at home...I don't hate Loftus Road or anything, but I'd much rather than the 24,000 Derby fans in a 75% full Pride park than a sold out Loftus Road for my home matches. You could tell how much the fans and players fed each other in celebration after that third goal went in against Yeovil.

The second problem is Redknapp, a manager whose reputation with the media has earned him a career he doesn't deserve. In the precise opposite manner, AVB got pilloried by the press out of punishment for not being "the Next Mourinho" they said he would be, because, like, he's Portugese and managed Porto, and The Special One did that too innit. That story would have been magik, absolute dynamite. Redknapp gets jobs because of his media reputation while AVB got sacked because of his.

The FA aren't the first example that would spring to mind for common sense but at least they have more of the stuff than the media who would have had 'Arry in charge of the national team instead. The bloke has a certain aura about him, of that there is no doubt - it's how he's become a media darling and how he persuades so many chairmen to back him with so much money.

When you actually look at the football he plays and the amount of money he wastes, it's impossible to argue that he's even a competent manager, in my opinion. In fact he's a poison.

But that's okay, you know, because 'Arry's always willing to have a chat from his car window.

I don't base it solely on facts, that would imply that I don't watch Derby - baring in mind I've seen all but around 5/6 Derby games this season and watched the majority of last season too.

But, I could say anything but without absolutely no evidence what so ever to back it up then I'd find it hard to express my opinion.

For me, Buxton has been our third best performer this season, behind Martin and Bryson - comfortably by a country mile our best centre-half and there is very, very few centre-backs in this division I would choose ahead of him.

I feel that the statistics back that point up, as I've suggested. For me, he is a top Championship centre back that has to deal with a lack of centralised support from his full-back and midfield as we are a wide-set attacking team, usually with only two defenders and Eustace sitting deep - as Wisdom and Fozzie seem to be set more in the wing-back role.

I just don't see how you can think he's one of the best in the division. I'm in a similar situation to you in that I've only missed a handful of games this season and I feel as though I'm not seeing the same player as you. Sure, he's a good defender but nowhere near as good as you seem to think he is (IMO).

Now, I don't look or take notice of the stats as much as you evidently do but there's a lot of elements/factors that stats don't take into account. How many goals has he been at fault for? How many times has he been outpaced/skinned? He may have have a large amount of tackles but how many attempts did he need to make that tackle/interception? What about off-the-balll stuff? There are literally so many things that would make those stats irrelevant.

And that's not even mentioning the fact that stats are often the result of someone's interpretation. I'd much rather trust my own eyes and what I see rather than what someone else sees, who may not have the same connection with the club as me.

Glad Phillips is out. Hoilett good but a willing runner into dead ends if Forsyth is on top of his game.

Harry needed investment for strikers in January you know? Down to bare bones.

He'd make a good plumber.

Lose one, bring three in. 'Arry has a logic and tbf, he has stick with it

Archived