Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

sage

No, i'm just saying... use whoscored, tell me statistic to show me he isn't doing enough. 

none of the goals were really Buxton's fault either, certainly that I can remember and he won the most aerial battles on the pitch both games. 

As I said, the argument is in your own head - if you don't think he is good enough, at the end of the day it's your problem. The statistics don't back you up, if he was losing more headers than he won, or not making enough interceptions...etc then fair enough but he is, and doing so at a canter 

And if I'm not mistaken Buxton doesn't select the team. Steve Mac does.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if he is slow (no slower than Whitbread though, I assure you) he more than makes up for it with his aerial power, strength and bravery to put his body where others wouldn't for the cause. That's why he's put on a pedestal, because that quality is something that is rare in modern day footballers. Not to mention his range of passing, which is truly excellent.

Vidic is slow, don't see United fans wanting him out of the team. 

It doesn't matter how slow any footballer is, it's all about reading the game and playing to your strenghs.

Paul McGrath in a Derby County Football shirt, just did what he could do best and that was always more than enough for me. Paul did speed up a bit when getting to the bar, so one can only admire these type of players.

Jake get em in, you Super Ram. :)

I can see an argument for both sides, to be honest. It's just a shame one side uses absolutely no stats to back up their points and the other relies solely on stats. Both are flawed approaches.

Buxton's a good defender but we could definitely do better. I'd also rather lose Bucko than Keogh at this moment in time :)

I don't base it solely on facts, that would imply that I don't watch Derby - baring in mind I've seen all but around 5/6 Derby games this season and watched the majority of last season too.

But, I could say anything but without absolutely no evidence what so ever to back it up then I'd find it hard to express my opinion.

For me, Buxton has been our third best performer this season, behind Martin and Bryson - comfortably by a country mile our best centre-half and there is very, very few centre-backs in this division I would choose ahead of him.

I feel that the statistics back that point up, as I've suggested. For me, he is a top Championship centre back that has to deal with a lack of centralised support from his full-back and midfield as we are a wide-set attacking team, usually with only two defenders and Eustace sitting deep - as Wisdom and Fozzie seem to be set more in the wing-back role.

It doesn't matter how slow any footballer is, it's all about reading the game and playing to your strenghs.

Paul McGrath in a Derby County Football shirt, just did what he could do best and that was always more than enough for me. Paul did speed up a bit when getting to the bar, so one can only admire these type of players.

Jake get em in, you Super Ram. :)

Oh yeah you DID trust compare him to Paul McGrath!

Oh yeah you DID trust compare him to Paul McGrath!

No but it looks like you have tried too and failed, "just" might be the word you could have used instead.

But if we are discussing "trust" regarding Paul McGrath and Jake Buxton, then I'd like to answer your post as Yes, I'd trust them both to give their all for Derby County Football Club, and as footballers they both do that and more. Which is "just" enough for me. So keep up the good work Paul & Jake and if you are ever passing McMuffin treat him to a pint and a sliding tackle! 

No but it looks like you have tried too and failed, "just" might be the word you could have used instead.

But if we are discussing "trust" regarding Paul McGrath and Jake Buxton, then I'd like to answer your post as Yes, I'd trust them both to give their all for Derby County Football Club, and as footballers they both do that and more. Which is "just" enough for me. So keep up the good work Paul & Jake and if you are ever passing McMuffin treat him to a pint and a sliding tackle! 

I'd like to think that 'Pint' and 'Paul McGrath' don't go hand in hand nowadays - but I suspect that not to be the case. He is such a nice guy, but being unable to say 'when' has caused him so much trouble in the past. He fell off the wagon again last year and ended up in court on public order charges. One of the most telling things he said at the time was "I'd love to be able to say that I'll never drink again."

Not sure what to predict for this game but I will go for Derby 2 QPR 0. What I would really like to see is a sustained attacking display with equally aggressive defending to the level that QPR struggle to live with us. A match where it all gels and we look like what we want to be, serious automatic contenders. This result (either way) could define if we are playing for playoffs or automatics.

Archived