Derby County v Chelsea

Day

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The quoted possession statistics at half time as reported by the BBC were 60:40 in Chelsea's favour.

The possession statistics at full time from the same site were 52:48 in Chelsea's favour.

I would be interested to hear where you pulled your statistics from.

where did you get your stats from? My football league stats said 45/55 half time.

Stats eh? Was Alex W doing them?

See above

What's also interesting about the BBC stats is that, if you read the match report, apparently we only had one decent attempt at goal, late on by Martin. Whereas the stats say shots were 16:17 and on target were 4:3. So in actual fact, we had more than our fair share of the game, and certainly gave as good as we got. Two out of three of Chelsea's shots on target went in. None out of four of our shots on target went in. But another day, could have been a better story.

Yeah, I think, based on that, we'd do alright in the premiership. A couple of improvements, and we would fit in fine. It would certainly be a different story from 'that season'.

Back to the stats, only quoting what Bt Sport and maybe all the rest of the punters perceived on the TV. And if Davenport is correct so be it. But only our goal was peppered with shots, but on the same note I was still asking the question are we good enough? And I would like to add it was still 0-0 after such stats anyway,so don't ever be fooled by the like. I just don't want a repeat of our last go in the premiership, and I'm sure many folk don't want a repeat either, so are we ready? Plus I had to put up with my smug older spiv brother turning up in the boozer to look at me and my rams mate if it was just another walk in the park. Positives, they are welcome to a home tie against Stoke. Reality check for us, is how we perform at

Leicester under the new management. So anyone can suck on that anyway they like!

Ok, I"m going to buck the trend a bit. Not to criticise the way we played, because we tried our hardest. But in my opinion Chelsea played within themselves for a large part of the game, stepped it up for 20 minutes and frankly ran us ragged, scored twice and could have had more, then saw the game out reasonably comfortably. 

I never got the feeling at any stage we could pull off an upset, and for people to suggest we outplayed them or that the ref somehow gave them a goal with his interception is rubbish. In terms of the second goal, I've just seen it and I'm afraid Granty made a hash of it. I thought at the time it took a nick off Bucko but it just swerved past Grant. The gulf in quality was so great that I didn't feel excited or on the edge of my seat at any stage of the game.

There were some positive points - Forsyth was superb against Ramires and then Willian, both world class talents, and Hughes I thought played really well. Both Keane and Bucko played really well and it was a compliment that Chelsea felt the need to bring on Hazard and Torres.

So we didn't get thrashed in terms of the score, but defeat was always coming. I hope it doesn't affect our confidence or league form. 

Probably the most honest report. Chelsea were different class but we battled hard and defended well. I was a little disappointed that we didn't have more of a go in the first hour but then Chelsea are so quick on the break those tactics may have saved us from a hammering. We played really well in the last 15 minutes when Sammon and Bennett tested them. I thought Dawkins was very poor today and I hope signing him full time doesn't make him complacent. The way the subs played and the arrival of Bamford should shake him from any such complacency.

Forsyth was good today but for me Buxton was our MOM. 

Have to say that corporate hospitality at the IPro is first class!

Why are we crap at set pieces? Am I right in thinking we've only scored two free kicks all season, out of our hundreds of goals. And Ward's was a fairly spawn deflection. Just seeing Huddersfield's free kick that was scored yesterday, to put them back in the game. That was sublime. You get the feeling our guys, as good as they are, could try that all day and not get anywhere near a goal. And it's such a waste of a great opportunity. Certainly in games like these, against stronger opposition, you've got to make better use of those opportunities.

Not bashing at all, we were magnificent in defeat. But this seems like something we seriously need to work on. Ward continues to step up for every free kick despite wasting every single fecking one. I can't believe not a single player out of Hughes, Bryson or Hendrick don't have the ability to be able to take that responsibility away from him. Is Bamford any good at a set piece?

Ward should be told to f&&k off if he even as much as asks to take a throw in. He gets corners and free kicks the wrong way round, Free kicks he hits 40 yards in the air and corners barely dribble as far as the near post.

If Chelsea were so comfortable and the gulf was so great, then why on earth did they have to bring on Hazard and Torres? And I didn't say that Chelsea were gifted a goal by the referee - I said that they should not have been in possession of the ball to win the throw-in deep in our territory at that time. It's not to say that they wouldn't have scored a second, so why was my comment 'rubbish'?

Not referring to you specifically Eddie, but I heard one or two comments on the way out of the ground/on the radio and on here, and seeing as you mention your post you are certainly alluding to the referee having an influence on their second goal, when there were at least two passages of play, possibly three, after the ball hit the ref, including the ball being in Chelsea's half.

They bought their subs on because they needed to score. That doesn't mean to say there wasn't a gulf in class.

I did exaggerate a bit it was probably from 5 mintues onwards and there was the odd cry of come on Derby but that was it.

Have to disagree. I was in the East stand (I think a lot of the Southstanders were moved there) and, besides Blackpool, it was the best atmosphere I've experienced at home this season. I've been to every home game bar Wigan.

Back to the stats, only quoting what Bt Sport and maybe all the rest of the punters perceived on the TV. And if Davenport is correct so be it. But only our goal was peppered with shots, but on the same note I was still asking the question are we good enough? And I would like to add it was still 0-0 after such stats anyway,so don't ever be fooled by the like. I just don't want a repeat of our last go in the premiership, and I'm sure many folk don't want a repeat either, so are we ready? Plus I had to put up with my smug older spiv brother turning up in the boozer to look at me and my rams mate if it was just another walk in the park. Positives, they are welcome to a home tie against Stoke. Reality check for us, is how we perform at

Leicester under the new management. So anyone can suck on that anyway they like!

The stats on the bbc give us 48% to their 52. We apparently had more shots on target than them.

Doesn't bear any resemblance to the game I was at.

I must agree, we didn't look like a premiership side today.

The stats on the bbc give us 48% to their 52. We apparently had more shots on target than them.

Doesn't bear any resemblance to the game I was at.

I must agree, we didn't look like a premiership side today.

well we're not, but did we look a top 4 champ' side?

Imho, yes.

Archived