Conor Sammon

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think we should keep Sammon to bring on if we start to struggle later on in the game. Lets be honest, he's not brilliant but he seems a nice lad, he's quick, he can flick on and he scares tired defenders shitless. 

Just think, towards the end of the season when points mean prizes, he might be the one to seal it... 

In Mac we trust  :lol:

Sammon coming on to run channels in the last 15 minutes is a good option to have on the bench. IN no hurry at all to sell. Still, if there's a better striker out there, fair enough.

Sammon coming on to run channels in the last 15 minutes is a good option to have on the bench. IN no hurry at all to sell. Still, if there's a better striker out there, fair enough.

if I'm being totally honest, I'd rather have Mason Bennett doing this, his control and pace are better.

Yeovil. After securing promotion by March, we loan him out to Yeovil. He scores 2 goals a games, they sneak into playoffs on last day, and he scores in the 120th to beat Forest 1-0

Sorry, you had me right up to the last bit when you suggested that Forest might make the top six. Everything else was realistic though.

if I'm being totally honest, I'd rather have Mason Bennett doing this, his control and pace are better.

Don't agree with this at all. Sammon has shown himself to be a good player to have on the bench to change the dynamic. He's wrongly criticised for having a poor touch and being cunbersome but his technique isn't anywhere near as bad as people make out and he is pretty rapid.

For me Sammon is something completely different and therefore a decent option well worth keeping hold of. He's already proven himself a valuable asset against Watford, Boro and Charlton. I don't imagine he's the type of guy not wanting to learn either, he'll have watched Martin and taken on board how effective that style is.

Bennett is a stronger version of Dawkins only not as skillful and he doesn't yet have the maturity to be relied upon. It'll come but I'd put Sammon on ahead of Bennett in almost every circumstance at the moment. Bennett needs game time on loan for me.

For that job, a last fifteen minutes, Sammon is far more useful, strength and height wise he's far bigger, he can at least hold the ball up to a standard if not brilliant level and he'll chase everything. Mason's far too inexperienced for that right now. 

As long as it's not a starting role then Sammon's the perfect fit for a last ten minutes. 

For that job, a last fifteen minutes, Sammon is far more useful, strength and height wise he's far bigger, he can at least hold the ball up to a standard if not brilliant level and he'll chase everything. Mason's far too inexperienced for that right now. 

As long as it's not a starting role then Sammon's the perfect fit for a last ten minutes. 

Perfect is bit too much... But good enough. If he could shoot and head, then he would be perfect (for starting line-up too)

Perfect is bit too much... But good enough. If he could shoot and head, then he would be perfect (for starting line-up too)

I'm working on the presumption that when we need Sammon to chase things we've already pretty much set up show and have no doubt scored 3-4 goals each half. Nice to give Martin a rest after the eighth goes in.

His effectiveness when coming on this season, in whole, surely can't be criticised?

There is nothing about Sammon that can't be criticised by some.

A ride on the ducking stool followed by a burning at the stake's too good for him in some eyes. I bet he weighs the same as a duck too.

Archived