Conor Sammon

DcFc Dyycheee

Before the Blackpool game, Chris Martin had scored 7 goals in the league and 3 goals in the cup games. His 3 goals against Blackpool take him to 10 goals in the league, and 3 goals in the cup. Totalling 13 goals in all competitions.

I agree B4, I think Chris Martin could certainly finish the season with 20+ goals. Doesn't matter if he doesn't though, as long as the others chip in with some goals as well.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think people realise what Conor does for the team. His assist yesterday vs. Charlton was great. He causes defences and goalkeepers to panic. I know that he is a striker and his job typically is to score goals. He does score goals but not as many as we hope. He contributes to so many goals though. I would genuinely keep him because I think he is an important player if we want promotion. He gives 100%. 

Given that we don't have millions to spend, I think Conor offers something valuable from the bench. He is amazingly fit and enthusiastic and runs the channels well. He creates space for others. If he could finish as well, he'd be worth millions. I'd stick with him unless we were offered over £1m.

The assist for the goal was brilliant.

sums him up in a nutshell though, if you don't give him time or a chance to think - he produces the goods. It's so bizarre.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him make it good in this division - I would say he gets 4/5 chances per 90 minutes. He knows how to open the door, just can't walk through it - frustrating.

Given that we don't have millions to spend, I think Conor offers something valuable from the bench. He is amazingly fit and enthusiastic and runs the channels well. He creates space for others. If he could finish as well, he'd be worth millions. I'd stick with him unless we were offered over £1m.

I think you scored a hat trick of meaningless cliches there lad.

He offers something valuable from the bench.

He runs the channels well.

He creates space for others.

I think you scored a hat trick of meaningless cliches there lad.

He offers something valuable from the bench.

He runs the channels well.

He creates space for others.

Cliches maybe, but meaningless? We have a set pattern of playing the ball to Martin's feet and using him as a pivot on which the midfield relies. If the opposition defence stifles Martin, we are left with the tippy-tappy football which looks great but creates nothing. Sammon can stretch defences more than Martin because he is more mobile. I know that's not exactly the Dutch model but it can work. If you can drag central defenders out wide it creates room though the middle for others. Simples!

Cliches maybe, but meaningless? We have a set pattern of playing the ball to Martin's feet and using him as a pivot on which the midfield relies. If the opposition defence stifles Martin, we are left with the tippy-tappy football which looks great but creates nothing. Sammon can stretch defences more than Martin because he is more mobile. I know that's not exactly the Dutch model but it can work. If you can drag central defenders out wide it creates room though the middle for others. Simples!

Well.......i know what you're saying but........

He blunders around and creates the odd bit of panic but thats about it.

I think theo was probably better.

(Stand back)

He offers a lot, particularly coming on from the bench. He's won us a few crucial points and he'll continue to do so. That said, given his value and his pay packet, I can't believe we couldn't replace him with someone better.

Seems like a decent enough bloke. Tries his best. Not a bad player. I wouldn't be devastated if we sold him though.

Archived