First Derby player you ever met.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was a mascot in 2000 I got to meet the whole squad in the changing rooms, met Jim Smith first then went around getting my shirt signed. Can only remember meeting Mart Poom and Branko Strupar, Strupar typically was on the massage table as he had a knock....

Never actually met a Derby player, saw Lewis Price in HMV, scowled at him as it was the Monday after THAT F.A. Cup game against Preston. The first Derby related person I met was unfortunately The Dwarf.

I had a look around Lewis Price's place once when I was moving house. Kitchen door had a big hole in it at lost-temper-punch-inanimate-object height.

Maybe that scowl got really under his skin.

The Mrs has just reminded me that she used to do the same Pilates class as Mart Poom. He was rubbish apparently. Then again, she's no expert when it comes to claiming a corner in a congested goal area.

How is she at attacking corners and scoring thumping headers from 8 yards out?

Just thought, does my grandad count? He played a couple of games back in 1950 :lol:

If you're going to bring relations into it, the missus's great, great uncle was the first person to play 100 league games for DCFC - so I suppose that's screwed us both.

Archived