iPro Stadium

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind if it was naming rights - can't stand 'pride park'

I don't know if changing the stadium name is classed as huge news, I don't know what is though - can't think of much that would be nationally regarded as huge news. 

Unless we've picked Beckham up on a free transfer. 

On second thoughts safe standing would be considered huge news - so, perhaps that. 

The guy that writes the derbycountyblog.com and sometime appears as guest pundit on the Monday night phone-in has tweeted that he's being interviewed by Colin Bloomfield in the morning about it.

That would most definitely suggest it's not a player signing, but more likely something bigger like new investment or a stadium naming rights change.

My money's on the latter, as it's definitely the sort of thing they'd want a "guest blogger" opinion on

Lady Penelope is the new owner and will help Chris Evans push recruitment in Europe.

http://www.fab1.co.nz/characters/lady%20penelope.htm

Together with ex-Ram Parker who will also be joining the team, her 'safe-cracking' manservant, who will also help with any defence issues, and both will prove to be among the greatest in Derby County’s history.

Lady Penelope and Parker will also lead the team out when they wear the club’s third strip, and will also lead the crowd to a rousing sing a long of a certain tune.

Not that I wish to be premature (!) ahead of any announcement but the issue of naming rights has been high on the agenda in the last couple of months. I even started a thread about it in August, possibly the only thread I've ever started on here. So it's quite plausible that is what the announcement will be about.

All these people with inside itk sources yet when there's something big being announced and all the local journalists know nobody on here knows.

Useless.

Which is precisely why I think it must be something pretty big. There appears to be something verging on a non-disclosure agreement in place – which would indicate a financial thing, new owners or new investment. Although 8pm our time the Dow Jones will still be open on Wall Street, so I could be wrong

Archived